LT3466-1 - White LED Driver and Boost Converter in 3mm x 3mm DFN Package
- Drives Up to 10 White LEDs from a 3.6V Supply
- Two Independent Step-Up DC/DC Converters
- Independent Dimming and Shutdown Control of the Outputs
- ±1.5% Output Voltage Accuracy (Boost Converter)
- ±4% LED Current Programming Accuracy
- Internal Schottky Diodes
- Internal Soft-Start Eliminates Inrush Current
- Output Overvoltage Protection (39.5V Max VOUT)
- Fixed Frequency Operation Up to 2MHz
- 83% Efficiency Driving 8 White LEDs at 15mA from a 3.6V Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 24V
- Tiny (3mm × 3mm) 10-Lead DFN Package
DescriptionLT3466-1 is a dual switching regulator that combines a white LED driver and a boost converter in a low profile, small footprint (3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) DFN package. The LED driver can be configured to drive up to 10 White LEDs in series and the boost converter can be used for generating the LCD bias voltages or driving a secondary OLED display. Series connection of the LEDs provides identical LED currents resulting in uniform brightness and eliminating the need for ballast resistors and expensive factory calibration.
The LT3466-1 provides independent dimming and shutdown control of the two converters. The operating frequency can be set with an external resistor over a 200kHz to 2MHz range. The white LED driver features a low 200mV reference, thereby minimizing power loss in the current setting resistor for better efficiency. The boost converter achieves ±1.5% output voltage accuracy by the use of a precision 0.8V reference. Protection features include output overvoltage protection and internal soft-start. Wide input supply range allows operation from 2.7V to 24V.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC915A||LT3466EDD-1 Demo Board | Boost LED Driver Plus LCD Bias Supply, 2.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, VLED up to 34V @ 15mA, VLCD Bias = ±15V @ 10mA||$100.00|
- White LED and OLED Displays
- Digital Cameras, Sub-Notebook PCs PDAs, Handheld Computers
- TFT - LCD Bias Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT1945 - Dual Micropower DC/DC Converter with Positive and Negative Outputs
- LT3471 - Dual 1.3A, 1.2MHz Boost/Inverter in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3463 - Dual Micropower DC/DC Converters with Schottky Diodes
- LT3599 - 4-String 120mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: