LT3466 - Dual Full Function White LED Step-Up Converter with Built-In Schottky Diodes
- Drives Up to 20 White LEDs (10 in Series per Converter) from a 3.6V Supply
- Two Independent Step-Up Converters Capable of Driving Asymmetric LED Strings
- Independent Dimming and Shutdown Control of the Two LED Strings
- Internal Schottky Diodes
- Internal Soft-Start Eliminates Inrush Current
- Open LED Protection (39.5V Max VOUT)
- Fixed Frequency Operation Up to 2MHz
- 81% Efficiency Driving 16 White LEDs at 15mA (Eight per Driver) from a 3.6V Supply
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 24V
- Available in 10-Pin DFN and 16-Pin Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Packages
LT3466 is a dual full function step-up DC/DC converter specifically designed to drive up to 20 White LEDs (10 in series per converter) with a constant current. Series connection of the LEDs provides identical LED currents resulting in uniform brightness and eliminating the need for ballast resistors and expensive factory calibration.
The two independent converters are capable of driving asymmetric LED strings. The dimming of the two LED strings can also be controlled independently. The LT3466 is ideal for providing backlight for main and sub-displays in cell phones and other handheld devices.
The LT3466 operating frequency can be set with an external resistor over a 200kHz to 2MHz range. A low 200mV feedback voltage minimizes power loss in the current setting resistor for better efficiency. Additional features include output voltage limiting when LEDs are disconnected and internal soft-start.
The LT3466 is available in the 10-pin (3mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) DFN and 16-pin thermally enhanced TSSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC723A||LT3466EDD | Dual High Efficiency White LED (7/10) Driver, Vin = 3V - 8V or 3V - 20V (with Diode Option), Vout1 Test = 34V - 40V, Vout2 Test = 24V - 28V||$100.00|
- Main/Sub Displays
- Digital Cameras, Sub-Notebook PCs
- PDAs, Handheld Computers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3599 - 4-String 120mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LT3598 - 6-String 30mA LED Driver with ±1.5% Current Matching
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- LT3476 - High Current Quad Output LED Driver
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LT3465 - 1.2MHz White LED Step-Up Converters with Built-In Schottky in ThinSOT
- LT3496 - Triple Output LED Driver
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: