LT3465 - 1.2MHz White LED Step-Up Converters with Built-In Schottky in ThinSOT
- Inherently Matched LED Current
- Drives Up to Six LEDs from a 3.6V Supply
- No External Schottky Diode Required
- 1.2MHz Switching Frequency (LT3465)
- 2.4MHz Switching Frequency Above AM Broadcast Band (LT3465A)
- VIN Range: 2.7V to 16V
- VOUT(MAX) = 30V
- Automatic Soft-Start (LT3465)
- Open LED Protection
- High Efficiency: 81% (LT3465) 79% (LT3465A) Typical
- Requires Only 0.22µF Output Capacitor
- Low Profile (1mm) SOT-23 Packaging
The LT3465/LT3465A are step-up DC/DC converters designed to drive up to six LEDs in series from a Li-Ion cell. Series connection of the LEDs provides identical LED currents and eliminates the need for ballast resistors. These devices integrate the Schottky diode required externally on competing devices. Additional features include output voltage limiting when LEDs are disconnected, onepin shutdown and dimming control. The LT3465 has internal soft-start.
The LT3465 switches at 1.2MHz, allowing the use of tiny external components. The faster LT3465A switches at 2.4MHz. Constant frequency switching results in low input noise and a small output capacitor. Just 0.22µF is required for 3-, 4- or 5-LED applications.
The LT3465 and LT3465A are available in low profile (1mm) 6-lead SOT-23 (ThinSOT™) packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC637A||LT3465ES6 LT3465AES6 | Single Cell White LED (4) Driver||$75.00|
- Cellular Phones
- PDAs, Handheld Computers
- Digital Cameras
- MP3 Players
- GPS Receivers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT1937 - White LED Step-Up Converter in SC70 and ThinSOT
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3491 - White LED Driver in SC70 with Integrated Schottky
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3517 - Full-Featured LED Driver with 1.5A Switch Current
- LT3593 - 1MHz White LED Driver with Output Disconnect and One Pin Current Programming
- LT3478 - 4.5A Monolithic LED Drivers with True Color PWM Dimming
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: