LT3437 - High Voltage 500mA, 200kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100µA Quiescent Current
- Wide Input Range: 3.3V to 60V
- Load Dump (Input Transient) Protection to 80V
- 500mA Peak Switch Current
- Burst Mode® Operation: 100µA Quiescent Current**
- Low Shutdown Current: IQ < 1µA
- Burst Mode Operation Defeat
- 200kHz Switching Frequency
- Saturating Switch Design: 0.8 Ohm On-Resistance
- Peak Switch Current Maintained Over Full Duty Cycle Range*
- 1.25V Feedback Reference Voltage
- Easily Synchronizable
- Soft-Start Capability
- Small 10-Pin Thermally Enhanced DFN Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LT3437 is a 200kHz monolithic buck switching regulator that accepts input voltages up to 80V. A high efficiency 500mA, 0.8 Ohm switch is included on the die along with all the necessary oscillator, control and logic circuitry. Current mode topology is used for fast transient response and good loop stability.
Innovative design techniques along with a new high voltage process achieve high efficiency over a wide input range. Efficiency is maintained over a wide output current range by employing Burst Mode operation at low currents, utilizing the output to bias the internal circuitry, and by using a supply boost capacitor to fully saturate the power switch. Burst Mode operation can be defeated by a logic high signal on the SYNC pin which results in lower light load ripple at the expense of light load efficiency. Patented circuitry maintains peak switch current over the full duty cycle range.* Shutdown reduces input supply current to less than 1µA. External synchronization can be implemented by driving the SYNC pin with logic-level inputs. A single capacitor from the CSS pin to the output provides a controlled output voltage ramp (soft-start).
The LT3437 is available in a low profile (0.75mm) 3mm × 3mm 10-pin DFN package or a 16-Pin TSSOP Package both with exposed pad leadframes for low thermal resistance.
*Protected by U.S. Patents including 6498466.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1232A||LT3437IFE Demo Board I HIGH VOLTAGE 500mA 200kHz BUCK CONVERTER WITH BURST MODE||$100.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Voltage Power Conversion
- 14V and 42V Automotive Systems
- Industrial Power Systems
- Distributed Power Systems
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Powered Ethernet
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3990 - 62V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3470 - Micropower Buck Regulator with Integrated Boost and Catch Diodes
- LT3970 Series - 40V, 350mA Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current and Integrated Diodes
- LT3502/LT3502A - 1.1MHz/2.2MHz, 500mA Step-Down Regulators in 2mm × 2mm DFN and MS10
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT1934 - Micropower Step-Down Switching Regulators in ThinSOT
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: