LT3433 - High Voltage Step-Up/Step-Down DC/DC Converter
- Automatic Step-Up and Step-Down Conversion
- Uses a Single Inductor
- Wide 4V to 60V Input Voltage Range
- VOUT from 3.3V to 20V
- Dual Internal 500mA Switches
- 100µA No-Load Quiescent Current
- Low Current Shutdown
- ±1% Output Voltage Accuracy
- 200kHz Operating Frequency
- Boosted Supply Pin to Saturate High Side Switch
- Frequency Foldback Protection
- Current Limit Foldback Protection
- Current Limit Unaffected by Duty Cycle
- 16-lead Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Package
The LT3433 is a 200kHz fixed-frequency current mode switching regulator that provides both step-up and stepdown regulation using a single inductor. The IC operates over a 4V to 60V input voltage range making it suitable for use in various wide input voltage range applications such as automotive electronics that must withstand both load dump and cold crank conditions.
Internal control circuitry monitors system conditions and converts from single switch buck operation to dual switch bridged operation when required, seamlessly changing between step-down and step-up voltage conversion.
Optional Burst Mode operation reduces no-load quiescent current to 100µA and maintains high efficiencies with light loads.
Current limit foldback and frequency foldback help prevent inductor current runaway during start-up. Programmable soft-start helps prevent output overshoot at start-up.
The LT3433 is available in a 16-lead thermally enhanced TSSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC527A||LT3433EFE | Step-Up/Step-Down Converter, 4V to 60V Input, Vout=5V/400mA @ 12Vin, See Load Current Table.||$125.00|
- 12V Automotive Systems
- Wall Adapter Powered Systems
- Battery Power Voltage Buffering
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LTC3789 - High Efficiency, Synchronous, 4-Switch Buck-Boost Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LTM4609 - 36VIN, 34VOUT High Efficiency Buck-Boost DC/DC μModule Regulator
- LT3791 - 60V 4-Switch Synchronous Buck-Boost LED Driver Controller
- LTC3630 - High Efficiency, 65V 500mA Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: