LT3431 - High Voltage, 3A, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator
- Wide Input Range: 5.5V to 60V
- 3A Peak Switch Current
- Small Thermally Enhanced 16-Pin TSSOP Package
- Constant 500kHz Switching Frequency
- Saturating Switch Design: 0.1 Ohm
- Peak Switch Current Maintained Over Full Duty Cycle Range
- Effective Supply Current: 2.5mA
- Shutdown Current: 30µA
- 1.2V Feedback Reference Voltage
- Easily Synchronizable
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limiting
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3431 is a 500kHz monolithic buck switching regulator that accepts input voltages up to 60V. A high efficiency 3A, 0.1 Ohm switch is included on the die along with all the necessary oscillator, control and logic circuitry. A current mode architecture provides fast transient response and good loop stability.
Special design techniques and a new high voltage process achieve high efficiency over a wide input range. Efficiency is maintained over a wide output current range by using the output to bias the circuitry and by utilizing a supply boost capacitor to saturate the power switch. Patented circuitry maintains peak switch current over the full duty cycle range. A shutdown pin reduces supply current to 30µA and the device can be externally synchronized from 580kHz to 700kHz with logic level inputs.
The LT3431 is available in a thermally enhanced 16-pin TSSOP package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC549A||LT3431EFE Demo Board | 60V Transients, 7.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 20V, Vout = 5V @ 2A||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Industrial and Automotive Power Supplies
- Portable Computers
- Battery Chargers
- Distributed Power Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3430 - High Voltage, 3A, 200kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT1074 - Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3435 - High Voltage 3A, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100µA Quiescent Current
- LT3995 - 60V, 3A, 2MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 2.7μA Quiescent Current
- LT3980 - 58V, 2A, 2.4MHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 85μA Quiescent Current
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3724 - High Voltage, Current Mode Switching Regulator Controller
- LT3434 - High Voltage 3A, 200kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator with 100µA Quiescent Current
- LT3992 - Monolithic Dual Tracking 3A Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice:
The LTpowerCAD design tool is a complete power supply design tool program that can significantly ease the tasks of power supply design. It guides users to a solution, selects power stage components, provides detailed power efficiency, shows quick loop bode plot stability and load transient analysis, and can export a final design to LTspice for simulation. Click here to download LTpowerCAD
Design tools for the following parts are available in LTpowerCAD: