LT323A - 5 Volt, 3 Amp Voltage Regulator
- Guaranteed 1% Initial Tolerance of Output Voltage
- 3 Amp Output Current
- 30 Watt
- Full Internal Overload Protection
- 100% Burn-in in Thermal Limit
The "K" Package has been ObsoletedThe LT123A/LT323A is an improved version of the popular LM123/LM323 5 Volt, 3 Amp Regulator. These new devices offer maximum initial output voltage tolerance of 1% and maintain a maximum tolerance of 3% over worst case operating conditions. Line and load regulation are also improved by a factor of 2. These tightened specifications ease design and application problems since safety margins are improved. Also, error budgets in other parts of the system can be expanded, and output voltages at the end of long supply runs can be more accurately maintained.The LT123A/LT323A incorporates Linear Technology's advanced design, process and test techniques for improved quality and reliability over similar device types. Specifically, all devices are burned in by shorting the output, thereby forcing the regulator into its current limit and eventually, thermal limit. This ensures that all device protection features are functional. A graph of the worst case output voltage, taking into account temperature, load and line variations, and power dissipation is shown below. For higher output current requirements, see the LT1003, 5V, 5A regulator data sheet.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Local 5V Regulators
- On Card Regulation
- Lab Supplies
- Instrumentation Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1084-Fixed - 3A, 5A, 7.5A Low Dropout Positive Fixed Regulators
- LT1084 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT123A - 5 Volt, 3 Amp Voltage Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1085-Fixed - 3A, 5A, 7.5A Low Dropout Positive Fixed Regulators
- LT1054 - Switched-Capacitor Voltage Converter with Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: