LT3150 - Fast Transient Response, Low Input Voltage, Very Low Dropout Linear Regulator Controller
- Fast Transient Response Optimized with Ceramic Output Capacitors
- FET RDS(ON) Defines Dropout Voltage
- ±1% Reference Tolerance Over Temperature
- Multifunction LDO Shutdown Pin with Latchoff
- Fixed Frequency 1.4MHz Boost Converter Generates MOSFET Gate Drive
- Internally Compensated Current Mode PWM
- Boost Converter Uses Tiny Capacitors and Inductor
- Independent Boost Converter Shutdown Control Permits LDO Output Voltage Supply Sequencing
- 16-Lead SSOP Package
The LT3150 drives a low cost external N-channel MOSFET as a source follower to produce a fast transient response, very low dropout voltage linear regulator. Selection of the N-channel MOSFET RDS(ON) allows dropout voltages below 300mV for low VIN to low VOUT applications.
The LT3150 includes a fixed frequency boost regulator that generates gate drive for the N-channel MOSFET. The internally compensated current mode PWM architecture combined with the 1.4MHz switching frequency permits the use of tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors.
The LT3150’s transient load performance is optimized with ceramic output capacitors. A precision 1.21V reference accommodates low voltage supplies.
Protection includes a high side current limit amplifier that activates a fault timer circuit. A multifunction shutdown pin provides either current limit time-out with latchoff, overvoltage protection or thermal shutdown. Independent shutdown control of the boost converter provides on/off and sequencing control of the LDO output voltage.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC534A||LT3150CGN Demo Board | Low Voltage LDO Linear Regulator Controller, 1.1V ≤ VIN ≤ 10V, Vout = 1.2V/1.5/1.8V @ 4A||$100.00|
- Microprocessor, ASIC and I/O Supplies
- Very Low Dropout Input-to-Output Conversion
- Logic Termination Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1575 - Ultrafast Transient Response, Low Dropout Regulators Adjustable and Fixed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1084 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT3086 - 40V, 2.1A Low Dropout Adjustable Linear Regulator with Monitoring and Cable Drop Compensation
- LT1083 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1581 - 10A, Very Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3080-1 - Parallelable 1.1A Adjustable Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.