LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- Programmable 2-Terminal Current Source
- Maximum Output Current: 200mA
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.2V to 40V
- Input/Output Capacitors Not Required
- Resistor Ratio Sets Output Current
- Initial Set Pin Current Accuracy: 1%
- Reverse-Voltage Protection
- Reverse-Current Protection
- <0.001%/V Line Regulation Typical
- Current Limit and Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Available in 8-Lead SOT-23, 3-Lead SOT-223 and 8-Lead 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LT3092 is a programmable 2-terminal current source. It requires only two resistors to set an output current between 0.5mA and 200mA. A multitude of analog techniques lend themselves to actively programming the output current. The LT3092 is stable without input and output capacitors, offering high DC and AC impedance. This feature allows operation in intrinsically safe applications.
The SET pin features 1% initial accuracy and low temperature coefficient. Current regulation is better than 10ppm/V from 1.5V to 40V.
The LT3092 can operate in a 2-terminal current source configuration in series with signal lines. It is ideal for driving sensors, remote supplies, and as a precision current limiter for local supplies.
Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery and reverse-current protection, current limiting and thermal limiting. The LT3092 is offered in the 8-lead TSOT-23, 3-lead SOT-223 and 8-lead 3mm × 3mm DFN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
SOT-23, DFN-8, SOT-223
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1531A||LT3092EDD Demo Board | 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source||$75.00|
|DC2132A||24V 3A Constant Voltage, Constant Current Bench Supply Featuring LT3081, LT8612, LT3092||$200.00|
- 2-Terminal Floating Current Source
- GND Referred Current Source
- Variable Current Source
- In-Line Limiter
- Intrinsic Safety Circuits
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LM334S - Constant Current Source and Temperature Sensor
- LT3085 - Adjustable 500mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3080-1 - Parallelable 1.1A Adjustable Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: