LT3091 - –36V, 1.5A Negative Linear Regulator with Programmable Current Limit
- Output Current: 1.5A
- Single Resistor Sets Output Voltage
- 50μA SET Pin Current: ±1% Initial Accuracy
- Programmable Current Limit
- Positive or Negative Output Current Monitor
- Parallelable for Higher Current and Heat Spreading
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- Low Output Noise: 18μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Configurable as a 3-Terminal Floating Regulator
- Wide Input Voltage Range: –1.5V to –36V
- Rail-to-Rail Output Voltage Range: 0V to –32V
- Positive/Negative Shutdown Logic or UVLO
- Programmable Cable Drop Compensation
- Load Regulation: 1.2mV (1mA to 1.5A)
- Stable with 10μF Minimum Output Capacitor
- Stable with Ceramic or Tantalum Capacitors
- Thermally Enhanced 14-Lead 4mm × 3mm DFN, 16-Lead TSSOP, 7-Lead TO-220 and DD Packages
The LT®3091 is a 1.5A, low dropout negative linear regulator that is easily paralleled to increase output current or spread heat on surface mounted boards. Designed with a precision current reference followed by a high performance rail-to-rail voltage buffer, this regulator finds use in applications requiring precision output, high current with no heat sink, output adjustability to zero and low dropout voltage. The device can also be configured as a 3-terminal floating regulator.
The LT3091 features fast transient response, high PSRR and output noise as low as 18μVRMS. The LT3091 generates a wide output voltage range (0V to –32V) while maintaining unity gain operation. This yields virtually constant bandwidth, load regulation, PSRR and noise, independent of the programmed output voltage.
The LT3091 supplies 1.5A at a typical dropout voltage of 300mV. Operating quiescent current is nominally 1.2mA and drops to << 1μA in shutdown. A single resistor adjusts the LT3091’s precision programmable current limit. The device’s positive or negative current monitor either sources a current (0.25mA/A) or sinks a current (0.5mA/A) proportional to output current. Built-in protection includes reverse output protection, internal current limit with foldback and thermal shutdown with hysteresis.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2276A||LT3091EDE Demo Board | Negative LDO with Prog Current Limit, -1.5V ≤ VIN ≤ -36V, Vout = -1.25V/-2.5V/-5V/-12V/-15V @ 1.5A||$100.00|
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Low Noise Instrumentation and RF Supplies
- Rugged Industrial Supplies
- Precision Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT3090 - –36V, 600mA Negative Linear Regulator with Programmable Current Limit
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3086 - 40V, 2.1A Low Dropout Adjustable Linear Regulator with Monitoring and Cable Drop Compensation
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: