LT3089 - 800mA Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- Extended Safe Operating Area
- Maximum Output Current: 800mA
- Stable with or without Input/Output Capacitors
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.2V to 36V
- Single Resistor Sets Output Voltage
- Output Current Monitor: IMON = IOUT/5000
- Junction Temperature Monitor: 1μA/°C
- Output Adjustable to 0V
- 50μA SET Pin Current: 1% Initial Accuracy
- Output Voltage Noise: 27μVRMS
- Parallel Multiple Devices for Higher Current or Heat Spreading
- Programmable Current Limit
- Reverse-Battery and Reverse-Current Protection
- <1mV Load Regulation Typical Independent of VOUT
- <0.001%/V Line Regulation Typical
- Available in Thermally-Enhanced 12-Lead 4mm × 4mm DFN, 16-Lead TSSOP, and 7-Lead DD-Pak
The LT®3089 is an 800mA low dropout linear regulator designed for rugged industrial applications. Key features of the IC are the extended safe operating area (SOA), output current monitor, temperature monitor and programmable current limit. The LT3089 can be paralleled for higher output current or heat spreading. The device withstands reverse input and reverse output-to-input voltages without reverse current flow.
The LT3089’s precision 50μA reference current source allows a single resistor to program output voltage to any level between zero and 34.5V. The current reference architecture enables load regulation to be independent of output voltage. The LT3089 is stable with or without input and output capacitors.
The output current monitor (IOUT/5000) and die junction temperature output (1μA/°C) provide system monitoring and debug capability. In addition, a single resistor programs current limit.
Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery and reverse-current protection, current limiting and thermal limiting. The LT3089 is offered in the 12-lead 4mm × 4mm DFN and 16-lead TSSOP (both with exposed pad for improved thermal performance), and 7-lead DD-Pak power package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2318A||LT3089EDF Demo Board | Linear Regulator with Safe Operating Area (SOA), 2.5V ≤ VIN ≤ 36V, Vout = 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V/2.5V/3.3V/5V/Adj @ 800mA||$100.00|
- All Surface Mount Power Supply
- Rugged Industrial Power Supply
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Low Output Voltage Supply
- Intrinsic Safety Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3086 - 40V, 2.1A Low Dropout Adjustable Linear Regulator with Monitoring and Cable Drop Compensation
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT3088 - 800mA Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3091 - –36V, 1.5A Negative Linear Regulator with Programmable Current Limit
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3066 - 45V VIN, 500mA Low Noise, Linear Regulator with Programmable Current Limit and Active Output Discharge
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice IV - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!