LT3086 - 40V, 2.1A Low Dropout Adjustable Linear Regulator with Monitoring and Cable Drop Compensation
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.4V to 40V
- 1 Resistor Sets Output Voltage: 0.4V to 32V
- Output Current: 2.1A
- ±2% Tolerance Over Line, Load and Temperature
- Output Current Monitor: IMON = IOUT/1000
- Temperature Monitor with Programmable Thermal Limit
- Programmable Cable Drop Compensation
- Parallel Multiple Devices for Higher Current
- Dropout Voltage: 330mV
- 1 Capacitor Soft-Starts Output and Decreases Noise
- Low Output Noise: 40μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Precision, Programmable External Current Limit
- Power Good Flag with Programmable Threshold
- Ceramic Output Capacitors: 10μF Minimum
- Quiescent Current in Shutdown: <1μA
- Reverse-Battery, -Current and -Output Protection
- Available in 5mm × 4mm 16-Lead DFN, 16-Lead TSSOP, 7-Lead DD-PAK and 7-Lead TO-220.
The LT®3086 is a multi-feature, low dropout, low noise 2.1A linear regulator that operates over a 1.4V to 40V input supply range. Dropout voltage at 2.1A is typically 330mV. One resistor sets output voltage from 0.4V to 32V. Output voltage tolerance is guaranteed to ±2% over line, load and temperature. The LT3086 is stable with ceramic output capacitors, requiring a minimum of 10μF.
The LT3086’s programmable cable drop compensation cancels output voltage errors caused by resistive connections to the load. A master/slave configuration allows paralleling of multiple devices for higher load current and heat spreading without external ballast resistor requirements.
Output current and temperature monitoring along with a power good flag provide system diagnostic and debug capability. Internal fault circuitry includes thermal shutdown and current limit with foldback. Thermal limit and current limit are also externally programmable.
Packages include the thermally enhanced 16-lead (5mm × 4mm) DFN, 16-lead TSSOP, 7-lead DD-PAK and 7-lead TO-220.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
DFN-16, TSSOP-16, DDPAK, TO-220
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1729A||LT3086 Demo Board | 40V, 2.1A Low Dropout Adjustable Linear Regulator with Monitoring and Cable Drop Compensation.||$175.00|
- Programmable Linear Regulator
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- USB Power Supplies
- High Reliability Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT8614 - 42V, 4A Synchronous Step-Down Silent Switcher with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT3080-1 - Parallelable 1.1A Adjustable Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC4120 - Wireless Power Receiver and 400mA Buck Battery Charger
- LTM4644 - Quad DC/DC μModule Regulator with Configurable 4A Output Array
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.