LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- Outputs May be Paralleled for Higher Current and Heat Spreading
- Output Current: 3A
- Single Resistor Programs Output Voltage
- 50μA Set Pin Current: 1% Initial Accuracy
- Output Adjustable to 0V
- Low Output Noise: 40μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.2V to 23V (DD-Pak and TO-220 Packages)
- Low Dropout Voltage: 310mV
- <1mV Load Regulation
- <0.001%/V Line Regulation
- Minimum Load Current: 1mA
- Stable with Minimum 10μF Ceramic Capacitor
- Current Limit with Foldback and Overtemperature Protection
- Available in 16-Lead TSSOP, 12-Lead 4mm × 4mm DFN, 5-Lead TO-220 and 5-Lead Surface Mount DD-PAK Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3083 is a 3A low dropout linear regulator that can be paralleled to increase output current or spread heat on surface mounted boards. Architected as a precision current source and voltage follower, this new regulator finds use in many applications requiring high current, adjustability to zero, and no heat sink. The device also brings out the collector of the pass transistor to allow low dropout operation— down to 310mV—when used with multiple supplies.
A key feature of the LT3083 is the capability to supply a wide output voltage range. By using a reference current through a single resistor, the output voltage is programmed to any level between zero and 23V (DD-PAK and TO-220 packages). The LT3083 is stable with 10μF of capacitance on the output, and the IC is stable with small ceramic capacitors that do not require additional ESR as is common with other regulators.
Internal protection circuitry includes current limiting and thermal limiting. The LT3083 is offered in the 16-lead TSSOP (with an exposed pad for better thermal characteristics), 12-lead 4mm × 4mm DFN (also with an exposed pad), 5-lead TO-220, and 5-lead surface mount DD-PAK packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1585A||LT3083EQ Demo Board | Single Resistor Prog Low Dropout Linear Regulator, 1.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 23V, Vout = 1.2V/1.5V/1.8V/2.5V/3.3V/5.0V @ 3A||$175.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Current All Surface Mount Supply
- High Efficiency Linear Regulator
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Low Parts Count Variable Voltage Supply
- Low Output Voltage Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT3080-1 - Parallelable 1.1A Adjustable Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3086 - 40V, 2.1A Low Dropout Adjustable Linear Regulator with Monitoring and Cable Drop Compensation
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT1764A - 3A, Fast Transient Response, Low Noise, LDO Regulators
- LT1084 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1083 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: