LT3080-1 - Parallelable 1.1A Adjustable Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- Internal Ballast Resistor Permits Direct Connection to Power Plane for Higher Current and Heat Spreading
- Output Current: 1.1A
- Single Resistor Programs Output Voltage
- 1% Initial Accuracy of SET Pin Current
- Output Adjustable to 0V
- Low Output Noise: 40μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.2V to 36V
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- <0.001%/ V Line Regulation
- Minimum Load Current: 0.5mA
- Stable with 2.2μF Minimum Ceramic Output Capacitor
- Current Limit with Foldback and Overtemperature Protected
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP and 3mm x 3mm DFN
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3080-1 is a 1.1A low dropout linear regulator that incorporates an internal ballast resistor to allow direct paralleling of devices without the need for PC board trace resistors. The internal ballast resistor allows multiple devices to be paralleled directly on a surface mount board for higher output current and power dissipation while keeping board layout simple and easy. The device brings out the collector of the pass transistor to allow low dropout operation—down to 350mV—when used with multiple input supplies.
The LT3080-1 is capable of supplying a wide output voltage range. A reference current through a single resistor programs the output voltage to any level between zero and 36V. The LT3080-1 is stable with 2.2μF of ceramic capacitance on the output, not requiring additional ESR as is common with other regulators.
Internal protection includes current limiting and thermal limiting. The LT3080-1 regulator is offered in the 8- lead MSOP (with an Exposed Pad for better thermal characteristics) and 3mm × 3mm DFN packages.
|LT3080-1||Can parallel without additional external resistance|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1368A||LT3080EDD-1 Demo Board | LT3080-1(x4), Paralleled, Single Resistor Prog Low Noise LDOs, 1.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 25V, Vout = 1.2V @ 4.4A||$150.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- High Current All Surface Mount Supply
- High Efficiency Linear Regulator
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Low Parts Count Variable Voltage Supply
- Low Output Voltage Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- LT3086 - 40V, 2.1A Low Dropout Adjustable Linear Regulator with Monitoring and Cable Drop Compensation
- LT3085 - Adjustable 500mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: