LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- Outputs May be Paralleled for Higher Current and Heat Spreading
- Output Current: 1.1A
- Single Resistor Programs Output Voltage
- 1% Initial Accuracy of SET Pin Current
- Output Adjustable to 0V
- Low Output Noise: 40μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.2V to 36V
- Low Dropout Voltage: 350mV (Except SOT-223 Package)
- <1mV Load Regulation
- <0.001%/V Line Regulation
- Minimum Load Current: 0.5mA
- Stable with 2.2μF Minimum Ceramic Output Capacitor
- Current Limit with Foldback and Overtemperature Protected
- Available in 8-Lead MSOP, 3mm × 3mm DFN, 5-Lead DD-Pak, TO-220 and 3-Lead SOT-223
The LT3080 is a 1.1A low dropout linear regulator that can be paralleled to increase output current or spread heat in surface mounted boards. Architected as a precision current source and voltage follower allows this new regulator to be used in many applications requiring high current, adjustability to zero, and no heat sink. Also the device brings out the collector of the pass transistor to allow low dropout operation —down to 350 millivolts— when used with multiple supplies.
A key feature of the LT3080 is the capability to supply a wide output voltage range. By using a reference current through a single resistor, the output voltage is programmed to any level between zero and 36V. The LT3080 is stable with 2.2μF of capacitance on the output, and the IC uses small ceramic capacitors that do not require additional ESR as is common with other regulators.
Internal protection circuitry includes current limiting and thermal limiting. The LT3080 regulator is offered in the 8-lead MSOP (with an exposed pad for better thermal characteristics), a 3mm × 3mm DFN, 5-lead DD-Pak, TO-220 and a simple-to-use 3-lead SOT-223 version.
|LT3080-1||Can parallel without additional external resistance|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1294A||LT3080EDD Demo Board | LT3080(x4), Paralleled, Single Resistor LDOs, 3.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 25V, Vout = 3.3V @ 4.4A||$150.00|
|DC995A||LT3080EDD Demo Board | Single Resistor Prog Linear Regulator, 2.3V ≤ VIN ≤ 25V, Vout = 0.6V/1.0V/1.2V/1.5V/1.8V/2.5V/3.3V/5V @ 1.1A||$75.00|
- High Current All Surface Mount Supply
- High Efficiency Linear Regulator
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Low Parts Count Variable Voltage Supply
- Low Output Voltage Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3080-1 - Parallelable 1.1A Adjustable Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3085 - Adjustable 500mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3092 - 200mA 2-Terminal Programmable Current Source
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1965 - 1.1A, Low Noise, Low Dropout Linear Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: