LT3070 - 5A, Low Noise, Programmable Output, 85mV Dropout Linear Regulator
- Output Current: 5A
- Dropout Voltage: 85mV Typical
- Digitally Programmable VOUT : 0.8V to 1.8V
- Digital Output Margining: ±1%, ±3% or ±5%
- Low Output Noise: 25μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Parallel Multiple Devices for 10A or More
- Precision Current Limit: ±20%
- ±1% Accuracy Over Line, Load and Temperature
- Stable with Low ESR Ceramic Output Capacitors (15μF Minimum)
- High Frequency PSRR: 30dB at 1MHz
- Enable Function Turns Output On/Off
- VIOC Pin Controls Buck Converter to Maintain Low Power Dissipation and Optimize Efficiency
- PWRGD/UVLO/Thermal Shutdown Flag
- Current Limit with Foldback Protection
- Thermal Shutdown
- 28-Lead (4mm × 5mm × 0.75mm) QFN Package
The LT3070 is a low voltage, UltraFast™ transient response linear regulator. The device supplies up to 5A of output current with a typical dropout voltage of 85mV. A 0.01μF reference bypass capacitor decreases output voltage noise to 25μVRMS. The LT3070’s high bandwidth permits the use of low ESR ceramic capacitors, saving bulk capacitance and cost. The LT3070’s features make it ideal for high performance FPGAs, microprocessors or sensitive communication supply applications.
Output voltage is digitally selectable in 50mV increments over a 0.8V to 1.8V range. A margining function allows the user to adjust system output voltage in increments of ±1%, ±3% or ±5%. The IC incorporates a unique tracking function to control a buck regulator powering the LT3070’s input. This tracking function drives the buck regulator to maintain the LT3070’s input voltage to VOUT + 300mV, minimizing power dissipation.
Internal protection includes UVLO, reverse-current protection, precision current limiting with power foldback and thermal shutdown. The LT3070 regulator is available in a thermally enhanced 28-lead, 4mm × 5mm QFN package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1433A||LT3070EUFD Demo Board | 5A, Low Noise, Programmabl||$175.00|
- FPGA and DSP Supplies
- ASIC and Microprocessor Supplies
- Servers and Storage Devices
- Post Buck Regulation and Supply Isolation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3080-1 - Parallelable 1.1A Adjustable Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1083 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1764A - 3A, Fast Transient Response, Low Noise, LDO Regulators
- LT3071 - 5A, Low Noise, Programmable Output, 85mV Dropout Linear Regulator with Analog Margining
- LT1084 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV