LT3066 - 45V VIN, 500mA Low Noise, Linear Regulator with Programmable Current Limit and Active Output Discharge
- Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 45V
- Output Current: 500mA
- Active Output Discharge
- Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- Programmable Precision Current Limit: ±10%
- Power Good Flag
- Input Filtering for High PSRR
- Low Noise: 25μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Adjustable Output (VREF = VOUT(MIN) = 600mV)
- Output Tolerance: ±2% Over Line, Load and Temperature
- Stable with Low ESR, Ceramic Output Capacitors (3.3μF Minimum)
- Single Capacitor Soft-Starts Reference and Lowers Output Noise
- Current Limit Foldback Protection
- Shutdown Current: <3μA
- Reverse Battery and Thermal Limit Protection
- 12-Lead 4mm × 3mm DFN and 12-lead MSOP Packages
The LT®3066 series are micropower, low noise, low dropout voltage (LDO) linear regulators that operate over a 1.8V to 45V input voltage range. The devices supply 500mA of output current with a typical dropout voltage of 300mV. A single external capacitor provides programmable low noise reference performance and output soft-start functionality.
A single external resistor programs the LT3066’s current limit, accurate to ±10% over a wide input voltage and temperature range. A PWRGD flag indicates output regulation.
The LT3066 features an NMOS pull-down that discharges the output if SHDN or IN is driven low.
The LT3066 optimizes stability and transient response with low ESR ceramic capacitors, requiring a minimum of 3.3μF. Internal protection circuitry includes current limiting with foldback, thermal limiting, reverse battery protection, reverse current protection and reverse output protection.
The LT3066 is available in fixed output voltages of 3.3V and 5V, and as an adjustable device with an output voltage range from 0.6V to 19V. The device is offered in the thermally-enhanced 12-lead 4mm × 3mm DFN and MSOP packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2437A||LT3066 Demo Board | Low Noise Linear Regulator, Active Output Discharge, 1.8V ≤ VIN ≤ 45V, Vout = 1.2/1.5/1.8/2.0/2.5/3.3/5V @ 500mA||$100.00|
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Automotive Power Supplies
- Industrial Power Supplies
- Avionic Power Supplies
- Portable Instruments
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT3086 - 40V, 2.1A Low Dropout Adjustable Linear Regulator with Monitoring and Cable Drop Compensation
- LT3065 Series - 45V VIN, 500mA Low Noise, Linear Regulator with Programmable Current Limit and Power Good
- LT3085 - Adjustable 500mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3088 - 800mA Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator
- LT3091 - –36V, 1.5A Negative Linear Regulator with Programmable Current Limit
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: