LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- Ultralow RMS Noise: 0.8μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Ultralow Spot Noise: 2nV/√Hz at 10kHz
- Ultrahigh PSRR: 79dB at 1MHz
- Output Current: 200mA
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 20V
- Single Capacitor Improves Noise and PSRR
- 100μA SET Pin Current: ±1% Initial Accuracy
- Single Resistor Programs Output Voltage
- High Bandwidth: 1MHz
- Programmable Current Limit
- Low Dropout Voltage: 350mV
- Output Voltage Range: 0V to 15V
- Programmable Power Good
- Fast Start-Up Capability
- Precision Enable/UVLO
- Parallelable for Lower Noise and Higher Current
- Internal Current Limit with Foldback
- Minimum Output Capacitor: 4.7μF Ceramic
- Reverse Battery and Reverse Current Protection
- 10-Lead MSOP and 3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LT®3042 is a high performance low dropout linear regulator featuring LTC’s ultralow noise and ultrahigh PSRR architecture for powering noise sensitive RF applications. Designed as a precision current reference followed by a high performance voltage buffer, the LT3042 can be easily paralleled to further reduce noise, increase output current and spread heat on the PCB.
The device supplies 200mA at a typical 350mV dropout voltage. Operating quiescent current is nominally 2mA and drops to <<1μA in shutdown. The LT3042’s wide output voltage range (0V to 15V) while maintaining unitygain operation provides virtually constant output noise, PSRR, bandwidth and load regulation, independent of the programmed output voltage. Additionally, the regulator features programmable current limit, fast start-up capability and programmable power good to indicate output voltage regulation.
The LT3042 is stable with a minimum 4.7μF ceramic output capacitor. Built-in protection includes reverse battery protection, reverse current protection, internal current limit with foldback and thermal limit with hysteresis. The LT3042 is available in thermally enhanced 10-Lead MSOP and 3mm × 3mm DFN packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC2246A||LT3042EDD Demo Board | Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF LDO Regulator, VIN = 3.8V to 20V, Vout = 3.3V @ 200mA||$150.00|
|DC2429A||LT3042 PLL/VCO Supply and Reference Board||$150.00|
- RF Power Supplies: PLLs, VCOs, Mixers, LNAs
- Very Low Noise Instrumentation
- High Speed/High Precision Data Converters
- Medical Applications: Imaging, Diagnostics
- Precision Power Supplies
- Post-Regulator for Switching Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT3090 - –36V, 600mA Negative Linear Regulator with Programmable Current Limit
- LTC2983 - Multi-Sensor High Accuracy Digital Temperature Measurement System
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: