LT3029 - Dual 500mA/500mA Low Dropout, Low Noise, Micropower Linear Regulator
- Output Current: 500mA per Channel
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- Low Noise: 20μVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Low Quiescent Current: 55μA per Channel
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 20V (Common or Independent Input Supply)
- Adjustable Output: 1.215V Reference Voltage
- Very Low Quiescent Current in Shutdown: <1μA per Channel
- Stable with 3.3μF Minimum Output Capacitor
- Stable with Ceramic, Tantalum or Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitors
- Reverse-Battery and Reverse Output-to-Input Protection
- Current Limit with Foldback and Thermal Shutdown
- Tracking/Sequencing Capability: Compatible with LTC292X Power Supply Tracking ICs
- Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead MSOP and 16-Lead (4mm × 3mm) DFN Packages
The LT3029 is a dual, micropower, low noise, low dropout linear regulator. The device operates either with a common input supply or independent input supplies for each channel, over an input voltage range of 1.8V to 20V. Each output supplies up to 500mA of output current with a typical dropout voltage of 300mV. Quiescent current is well controlled in dropout. With an external 10nF bypass capacitor, output noise is only 20μVRMS over a 10Hz to 100kHz bandwidth. Designed for use in battery-powered systems, the low 55μA quiescent current per channel makes it an ideal choice. In shutdown, quiescent current drops to less than 1μA. Shutdown control is independent for each channel, allowing for flexible power management.The LT3029 optimizes stability and transient response with low ESR ceramic output capacitors, requiring a minimum of only 3.3μF. The regulator does not require the addition of ESR, as is common with other regulators.
Internal circuitry provides reverse-battery protection, reverse-current protection, current limiting with foldback and thermal shutdown. The device is available as an adjustable output voltage device with a 1.215V reference voltage. The LT3029 is offered in the thermally enhanced 16-lead MSOP and 16-lead, low profile (4mm × 3mm × 0.75mm) DFN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1408A||LT3029EDE Demo Board | Dual 500mA/500mA Low Dropou||$100.00|
- General Purpose Linear Regulator
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Microprocessor Core/Logic Supplies
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
- Tracking/Sequencing Power Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3032 Series - Dual 150mA Positive/Negative Low Noise Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT3024 - Dual 100mA/500mA Low Dropout, Low Noise, Micropower Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3085 - Adjustable 500mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV