LT3021/LT3021-1.2/ LT3021-1.5/LT3021-1.8 - 500mA, Low Voltage, Very Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- VIN Range: 0.9V to 10V
- Dropout Voltage: 160mV Typical
- Output Current: 500mA
- Adjustable Output (VREF = VOUT(MIN) = 200mV)
- Fixed Output Voltages: 1.2V, 1.5V, 1.8V
- Stable with Low ESR, Ceramic Output Capacitors (3.3µF Minimum)
- 0.2% Load Regulation from 0mA to 500mA
- Quiescent Current: 120µA (Typ)
- 3µA Typical Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Current Limit Protection
- Reverse-Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current
- Thermal Limiting with Hysteresis
- 16-Pin DFN (5mm × 5mm) and 8-Lead SO Packages
DescriptionThe LT3021 is a very low dropout voltage (VLDO™) linear regulator that operates from input supplies down to 0.9V. This device supplies 500mA of output current with a typical dropout voltage of 160mV. The LT3021 is ideal for low input voltage to low output voltage applications, providing comparable electrical efficiency to that of a switching regulator.
The LT3021 regulator optimizes stability and transient response with low ESR, ceramic output capacitors as small as 3.3µF. Other LT3021 features include 0.05% typical line regulation and 0.2% typical load regulation. In shutdown, quiescent current typically drops to 3µA.
Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery protection, current limiting, thermal limiting with hysteresis, and reverse-current protection. The LT3021 is available as an adjustable output device with an output range down to the 200mV reference. Three fixed output voltages, 1.2V, 1.5V and 1.8V, are also available.
The LT3021 regulator is available in the low profile (0.75mm) 16-pin (5mm × 5mm) DFN package with exposed pad and the 8-lead SO package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC865A||LT3021EDH | Low Voltage LDO Linear Regulator||Contact Factory|
- Low Current Regulators
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Cellular Phones
- Wireless Modems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3085 - Adjustable 500mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1965 - 1.1A, Low Noise, Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT3022 - 1A, 0.9V to 10V, Very Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT1962 - 300mA, Low Noise, Micropower LDO Regulators
- LTC3025-1/LTC3025-2/LTC3025-3/LTC3025-4 - 500mA Micropower VLDO Linear Regulators
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV