LT3012 - 250mA, 4V to 80V Low Dropout Micropower Linear Regulator
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 4V to 80V
- Low Quiescent Current: 40µA
- Low Dropout Voltage: 400mV
- Output Current: 250mA
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Adjustable Output from 1.24V to 60V
- 1µA Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Stable with 3.3µF Output Capacitor
- Stable with Aluminum, Tantalum or Ceramic Capacitors
- Reverse-Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current Flow from Output to Input
- Thermal Limiting
- Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead TSSOP and 12-Pin (4mm × 3mm) DFN Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT3012 is a high voltage, micropower low dropout linear regulator. The device is capable of supplying 250mA of output current with a dropout voltage of 400mV. Designed for use in battery-powered or high voltage systems, the low quiescent current (40µA operating and 1µA in shutdown) makes the LT3012 an ideal choice. Quiescent current is also well controlled in dropout.
Other features of the LT3012 include the ability to operate with very small output capacitors. The regulators are stable with only 3.3µF on the output while most older devices require between 10µF and 100µF for stability. Small ceramic capacitors can be used without any need for series resistance (ESR) as is common with other regulators. Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery protection, current limiting, thermal limiting and reverse current protection.
The device is available with an adjustable output with a 1.24V reference voltage. The LT3012 regulator is available in the 16-lead TSSOP and 12 pin low profile (0.75mm) (4mm × 3mm) DFN packages with an exposed pad for enhanced thermal handling capability.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Low Current High Voltage Regulators
- Regulator for Battery-Powered Systems
- Telecom Applications
- Automotive Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3013 - 250mA, 4V to 80V Low Dropout Micropower Linear Regulator with PWRGD
- LT3082 - 200mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3010/LT3010-5 - 50mA, 3V to 80V Low Dropout Micropower Linear Regulator
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3060 - 45V VIN, Micropower, Low Noise, 100mA Low Dropout, Linear Regulator
- LT3012B - 250mA, 4V to 80V Low Dropout Micropower Linear Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: