LT3010/LT3010-5 - 50mA, 3V to 80V Low Dropout Micropower Linear Regulator
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 3V to 80V
- Low Quiescent Current: 30μA
- Low Dropout Voltage: 300mV
- Output Current: 50mA
- Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead MSOP Package
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Fixed Output Voltage: 5V (LT3010-5)
- Adjustable Output from 1.275V to 60V (LT3010)
- 1μA Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Stable with 1μF Output Capacitor
- Stable with Aluminum, Tantalum or Ceramic Capacitors
- Reverse-Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current Flow from Output
- Thermal Limiting
The LT3010 is a high voltage, micropower low dropout linear regulator. The device is capable of supplying 50mA output current with a dropout voltage of 300mV. Designed for use in battery-powered or high voltage systems, the low quiescent current (30μA operating and 1μA in shutdown) makes the LT3010 an ideal choice. Quiescent current is also well controlled in dropout.
Other features of the LT3010 include the ability to operate with very small output capacitors. The regulators are stable with only 1μF on the output while most older devices require between 10μF and 100μF for stability. Small ceramic capacitors can be used without the necessary addition of ESR as is common with other regulators. Internal protection circuitry includes reverse-battery protection, current limiting, thermal limiting and reverse current protection.
The device is available in a fixed output voltage of 5V and as an adjustable device with a 1.275V reference voltage. The LT3010 regulator is available in the 8-lead MSOP package with an exposed pad for enhanced thermal handling capability.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC650A||LT3010EMS8E | High Voltage Micropower Linear Regul||$100.00|
- Low Current High Voltage Regulators
- Regulator for Battery-Powered Systems
- Telecom Applications
- Automotive Applications
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3060 - 45V VIN, Micropower, Low Noise, 100mA Low Dropout, Linear Regulator
- LT3008 Series - 3μA IQ, 20mA, 45V Low Dropout Linear Regulators
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT4356-1 and -2 - Surge Stopper
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3014 - 20mA, 3V to 80V Low Dropout Micropower Linear Regulator
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV