LT2940 - Power and Current Monitor
- Four-Quadrant Power Measurement
- ±5% Power Measurement Accuracy
- 4V to 80V High Side Sense, 100V Max
- Current Mode Power and Current Outputs
- Output Bandwidth Exceeds 500kHz
- ±3% Current Measurement Accuracy
- 6V to 80V Supply Range, 100V Max
- Inverting and Noninverting Open-Collector Comparator Outputs
- Available in 12-Pin DFN (3mm × 3mm) and 12-Lead MSOP Packages
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT2940 measures a high side current and a differential voltage, multiplies them and outputs a current proportional to instantaneous power. Bidirectional high side currents and bipolar voltage differences are correctly handled by the four-quadrant multiplier and push-pull output stage, which allows the LT2940 to indicate forward and reverse power flow.
An integrated comparator with inverting and noninverting open-collector outputs makes the LT2940 a complete power level monitor. In addition, an output current proportional to the sensed high side current allows current monitoring. The current mode outputs make scaling, filtering and time integration as simple as selecting external resistors and/or capacitors.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1495A||LT2940| Power & Current Monitor||$25.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Board Level Power and Current Monitoring
- Line Card and Server Power Monitoring
- Power Sense Circuit Breaker
- Power Control Loops
- Power/Energy Meters
- Battery Charger Metering
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4151 - High Voltage I2C Current and Voltage Monitor
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
- LTC2990 - Quad I2C Voltage, Current and Temperature Monitor
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC2991 - Octal I2C Voltage, Current, and Temperature Monitor
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.