LT2940 - Power and Current Monitor
- Four-Quadrant Power Measurement
- ±5% Power Measurement Accuracy
- 4V to 80V High Side Sense, 100V Max
- Current Mode Power and Current Outputs
- Output Bandwidth Exceeds 500kHz
- ±3% Current Measurement Accuracy
- 6V to 80V Supply Range, 100V Max
- Inverting and Noninverting Open-Collector Comparator Outputs
- Available in 12-Pin DFN (3mm × 3mm) and 12-Lead MSOP Packages
The LT2940 measures a high side current and a differential voltage, multiplies them and outputs a current proportional to instantaneous power. Bidirectional high side currents and bipolar voltage differences are correctly handled by the four-quadrant multiplier and push-pull output stage, which allows the LT2940 to indicate forward and reverse power flow.
An integrated comparator with inverting and noninverting open-collector outputs makes the LT2940 a complete power level monitor. In addition, an output current proportional to the sensed high side current allows current monitoring. The current mode outputs make scaling, filtering and time integration as simple as selecting external resistors and/or capacitors.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC1495A||LT2940| Power & Current Monitor||$25.00|
- Board Level Power and Current Monitoring
- Line Card and Server Power Monitoring
- Power Sense Circuit Breaker
- Power Control Loops
- Power/Energy Meters
- Battery Charger Metering
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC4151 - High Voltage I2C Current and Voltage Monitor
- LTC2990 - I2C Temperature, Voltage and Current Monitor
- LTC2945 - Wide Range I2C Power Monitor
- LTC2991 - Octal I2C Voltage, Current, and Temperature Monitor
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LTC4370 - Two-Supply Diode-OR Current Balancing Controller
- LTC4359 - Ideal Diode Controller with Reverse Input Protection
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV