LT1997-3 - Precision, Wide Voltage Range Gain Selectable Amplifier
- Pin Configurable as a Difference Amplifier, Inverting Amplifier or Noninverting Amplifier
- 91dB Minimum DC CMRR (Gain = 1)
- 65dB AC CMRR (at 100kHz, Gain = 1)
- 0.006% (60ppm) Maximum Gain Error (Gain = 1)
- 1ppm/°C Maximum Gain Error Drift
- 2ppm Maximum Gain Nonlinearity
- ±160V Common Mode Voltage Range
- Wide Supply Voltage Range: 3.3V to 50V
- Rail-to-Rail Output
- 350μA Supply Current
- 60μV Maximum Op Amp Offset Voltage
- 1.1MHz –3dB Bandwidth (Gain = 1)
- Low-Power Shutdown: 20μA
- Space-Saving MSOP and DFN Packages
The LT®1997-3 combines a precision operational amplifier with highly-matched resistors to form a one-chip solution for accurately amplifying voltages. Gains from –13 to +14 with accuracy of 0.006% (60ppm) can be achieved using no external components. The LT1997-3 is particularly well suited for use as a difference amplifier, where the excellent resistor matching results in a common mode rejection ratio of greater than 91dB.
The amplifier features a 60μV maximum input offset voltage and a -3dB bandwidth of 1.1MHz (Gain = 1). The LT1997-3 operates from any supply voltage from 3.3V to 50V and draws only 350μA supply current. The output typically swings to within 100mV of either supply rail.
The resistors maintain their excellent matching over temperature; the matching temperature coefficient is guaranteed less than 1ppm/°C. The resistors are extremely linear with voltage, resulting in a gain nonlinearity of less than 2ppm.
The LT1997-3 is fully specified at 5V and ±15V supplies and from –40°C to 125°C. The device is available in space saving 16-lead MSOP and 4mm × 4mm DFN14 packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Side or Low Side Current Sensing
- Bidirectional Wide Common Mode Range Current Sensing
- High Voltage to Low Voltage Level Translation
- Industrial Data-Acquisition Front-Ends
- Replacement for Isolation Circuits
- Differential to Single-Ended Conversion
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LTC2057/LTC2057HV - High Voltage, Low Noise Zero-Drift Operational Amplifier
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT6375 - ±270V Common Mode Voltage Difference Amplifier
- LT3042 - 20V, 200mA, Ultralow Noise, Ultrahigh PSRR RF Linear Regulator
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LTM9100 - Anyside™ High Voltage Isolated Switch Controller with I2C Command and Telemetry
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download:
- LTspice - A powerful SPICE simulator, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for easing the simulation of switching regulators
- LTpowerCAD - A complete power supply selection, synthesis and design tool
- LTpowerPlay - A development environment supporting Linear Technology's Digital Power System Management (PSM) products
- PScope & QuikEval - USB-based product demonstration and data acquisition system for use with our ADCs, DACs, and more
- Linduino - Arduino compatible system for developing and distributing firmware libraries and example code
- LinearLab Tools - A collection of Matlab and Python programs that provide direct access to Linear Technology’s data converter evaluation boards
- And More!