LT1996 - Precision, 100µA Gain Selectable Amplifier
- Pin Configurable as a Difference Amplifier,
- Inverting and Noninverting Amplifier
- Difference Amplifier
Gain Range 9 to 117
- Noninverting Amplifier
Gain Range 0.008 to 118
- Inverting Amplifier
Gain Range -0.08 to -117
- Gain Error: <0.05%
- Gain Drift: < 3ppm/°C
- Wide Supply Range: Single 2.7V to Split ±18V
- Micropower Operation: 100µA Supply
- Input Offset Voltage: 50µV (Max)
- Gain Bandwidth Product: 560kHz
- Rail-to-Rail Output
- Space Saving 10-Lead MSOP and DFN Packages
DescriptionThe LT1996 combines a precision operational amplifier with eight precision resistors to form a one-chip solution for accurately amplifying voltages. Gains from -117 to 118 with a gain accuracy of 0.05% can be achieved without any external components. The device is particularly well suited for use as a difference amplifier, where the excellent resistor matching results in a common mode rejection ratio of greater than 80dB.
The amplifier features a 50µV maximum input offset voltage and a gain bandwidth product of 560kHz. The device operates from any supply voltage from 2.7V to 36V and draws only 100µA supply current on a 5V supply. The output swings to within 40mV of either supply rail.
The internal resistors have excellent matching characteristics; variation is 0.05% over temperature with a guaranteed matching temperature coefficent of less than 3ppm/°C. The resistors are also extremely stable over voltage, exhibiting a nonlinearity of less than 10ppm.
The LT1996 is fully specified at 5V and ±15V supplies and from -40°C to 85°C. The device is available in space saving 10-lead MSOP and DFN packages. For an amplifier with selectable gains from -13 to 14, see the LT1991 data sheet.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Handheld Instrumentation
- Medical Instrumentation
- Strain Gauge Amplifiers
- Differential to Single-Ended Conversion
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1991 - Precision, 100µA Gain Selectable Amplifier
- LT1995 - 30MHz, 1000V/µs Gain Selectable Amplifier
- LT1990 - ±250V Input Range G = 1, 10, Micropower, Difference Amplifier
- LTC6915 - Zero Drift, Precision Instrumentation Amplifier with Digitally Programmable Gain
- LTC6910 - Digitally Controlled Programmable Gain Amplifiers in SOT-23
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1167 - Single Resistor Gain Programmable, Precision Instrumentation Amplifier
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC1100 - Precision, Zero-Drift Instrumentation Amplifier
- LTC1564 - 10kHz to 150kHz Digitally Controlled Antialiasing Filter and 4-Bit P.G.A
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
Related models available in LTspice IV