LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- Low Noise: 30µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Low Quiescent Current: 30µA
- Low Dropout Voltage: 340mV
- Output Current: 200mA
- Fixed Output Voltage: -5V
- Adjustable Output from -1.22V to -20V
- Positive or Negative Shutdown Logic
- 3µA Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Stable with 1µF Output Capacitor
- Stable with Aluminum, Tantalum, or Ceramic Capacitors
- Thermal Limiting
- Low Proﬁle (1mm) ThinSOT and (0.75mm) 8-Pin
3mm × 3mm DFN Packages
The LT1964 is a micropower low noise, low dropout negative regulator. The device is capable of supplying 200mA of output current with a dropout voltage of 340mV. Low quiescent current (30µA operating and 3µA shutdown) makes the LT1964 an excellent choice for battery-powered applications. Quiescent current is well controlled in dropout.
Other features of the LT1964 include low output noise. With the addition of an external 0.01µF bypass capacitor, output noise is reduced to 30µVRMS over a 10Hz to 100kHz bandwidth. The LT1964 is capable of operating with small capacitors and is stable with output capacitors as low as 1µF. Small ceramic capacitors can be used without the necessary addition of ESR as is common with other regulators. Internal protection circuitry includes reverse output protection, current limiting, and thermal limiting. The device is available with a fixed output voltage of -5V and as an adjustable device with a -1.22V reference voltage. The LT1964 regulators are available in a low proﬁle (1mm) ThinSOT and the low proﬁle (0.75mm) 8-pin
(3mm × 3mm) DFN packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC437A||LT1964ES5 | Negative Low Noise LDO Regulator, -5.4 ~ -20Vin, Adj -Vout @ 200mA Max. (-1.22V ~ -5Vout)||$75.00|
- Battery-Powered Instruments
- Low Noise Regulator for Noise-Sensitive Instrumentation
- Negative Complement to LT1761 Family of Positive LDOs
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT3032 Series - Dual 150mA Positive/Negative Low Noise Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT1175 - 500mA Negative Low Dropout Micropower Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1962 - 300mA, Low Noise, Micropower LDO Regulators
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT3082 - 200mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT3060 - 45V VIN, Micropower, Low Noise, 100mA Low Dropout, Linear Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV