LT1962 - 300mA, Low Noise, Micropower LDO Regulators
- Low Noise: 20µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Output Current: 300mA
- Low Quiescent Current: 30µA
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 20V
- Low Dropout Voltage: 270mV
- Very Low Shutdown Current: < 1µA
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Fixed Output Voltages: 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3V, 3.3V, 5V
- Adjustable Output from 1.22V to 20V
- Stable with 3.3µF Output Capacitor
- Stable with Aluminum, Tantalum or Ceramic Capacitors
- Reverse Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protected
- 8-Lead MSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT1962 series are micropower, low noise, low dropout regulators. The devices are capable of supplying 300mA of output current with a dropout voltage of 270mV. Designed for use in battery-powered systems, the low 30µA quiescent current makes them an ideal choice. Quiescent current is well controlled; it does not rise in dropout as it does with many other regulators.
A key feature of the LT1962 regulators is low output noise. With the addition of an external 0.01µF bypass capacitor, output noise drops to 20µVRMS over a 10Hz to 100kHz bandwidth. The LT1962 regulators are stable with output capacitors as low as 3.3µF. Small ceramic capacitors can be used without the series resistance required by other regulators.
Internal protection circuitry includes reverse battery protection, current limiting, thermal limiting and reverse current protection. The parts come in fixed output voltages of 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3V, 3.3V and 5V, and as an adjustable device with a 1.22V reference voltage. The LT1962 regulators are available in the 8-lead MSOP package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC339A-B||LT1962EMS8 Demo Board | Low Noise LDO Regulator, 2.3V ≤ VIN ≤ 20V, Vout = 1.22/2.5/3.0/3.3/5Vout@300mA||$75.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Cellular Phones
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Noise-Sensitive Instrumentation Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT1762 - 150mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3082 - 200mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT3060 - 45V VIN, Micropower, Low Noise, 100mA Low Dropout, Linear Regulator
- LT3085 - Adjustable 500mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1521 - 300mA Low Dropout Regulators with Micropower Quiescent Current and Shutdown
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: