LT1941 - Triple Monolithic Switching Regulator
- Wide Input Range: 3.5V to 25V
- Three Switching Regulators with Internal Power Switches: 3A Step-Down, 2A Step-Down, 1.5A Inverting/Boost
- Antiphase Switching Reduces Ripple
- Independent Shutdown/Soft-Start Pins
- Independent Power Good Indicators Ease Supply Sequencing
- Input Voltage Power Good Indicators Monitor Input Supply
- Uses Small Inductors and Ceramic Capacitors
- Constant 1.1MHz Switching Frequency
- Thermally Enhanced 28-Lead TSSOP Package
The LT1941 is a triple current mode DC/DC converter with internal power switches. Two of the regulators are step-down converters with 3A and 2A power switches. The third regulator can be configured as a boost, inverter or SEPIC converter and has a 1.5A power switch. All three converters are synchronized to a 1.1MHz oscillator. The two step-down converters run with opposite phase, reducing input ripple current. The output voltages are set with external resistor dividers and each regulator has independent shutdown and soft-start circuits. Each regulator generates a power good signal when its output is in regulation, easing power supply sequencing and interfacing with microcontrollers and DSPs.
The high switching frequency offers several advantages by permitting the use of small inductors and ceramic capacitors, leading to a very small triple output solution. The constant switching frequency, combined with low impedance ceramic capacitors, result in low, predictable output ripple. With its wide input voltage range of 3.5V to 25V, the LT1941 regulates a broad array of power sources from 4-cell batteries and 5V logic rails to unregulated wall transformers, lead acid batteries and distributed-power supplies.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC621A||LT1941EFE Demo Board | 4.7V ≤ VIN ≤ 14V, Vout1 = 1.8V @ 2.4A, Vout2 = 3.3V @ 1.4A, Vout3 = -12V @ Up to 550mA||$150.00|
- Cable Modems
- DSL Modems
- Distributed Power Regulation
- Wall Transformer Regulation
- Disk Drives
- DSP Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT8471 - Dual Multitopology DC/DC Converters with 2A Switches and Synchronization
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3471 - Dual 1.3A, 1.2MHz Boost/Inverter in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3757 - Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT3758 - High Input Voltage, Boost, Flyback, SEPIC and Inverting Controller
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: