LT1937 - White LED Step-Up Converter in SC70 and ThinSOT
- Inherently Matched LED Current
- High Efficiency: 84% Typical
- Drives Up to Four LEDs from a 3.2V Supply
- Drives Up to Six LEDs from a 5V Supply
- 36V Rugged Bipolar Switch
- Fast 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- Uses Tiny 1mm Tall Inductors
- Requires Only 0.22µF Output Capacitor
- Low Profile SC70 and ThinSOT™ Packaging
The LT1937 is a step-up DC/DC converter specifically designed to drive white LEDs with a constant current. The device can drive two, three or four LEDs in series from a Li-Ion cell. Series connection of the LEDs provides identical LED currents resulting in uniform brightness and eliminating the need for ballast resistors. The LT1937 switches at 1.2MHz, allowing the use of tiny external components. The output capacitor can be as small as 0.22µF, saving space and cost versus alternative solutions. A low 95mV feedback voltage minimizes power loss in the current setting resistor for better efficiency.
The LT1937 is available in low profile SC70 and ThinSOT packages.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC484A||LT1937ES5 | Single Cell White LED(4) Driver with On-Board Battery, Vin 2.7V - 5V||$75.00|
|DC507A||LT1937ESC6 | 2-Ckt, High Efficiency Constant-Current Single Cell Li-Ion White LED (4) Driver with On-Board Battery||$75.00|
- Cellular Phones
- PDAs, Handheld Computers
- Digital Cameras
- MP3 Players
- GPS Receivers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3465 - 1.2MHz White LED Step-Up Converters with Built-In Schottky in ThinSOT
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3491 - White LED Driver in SC70 with Integrated Schottky
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3593 - 1MHz White LED Driver with Output Disconnect and One Pin Current Programming
- LTC3783 - PWM LED Driver and Boost, Flyback and SEPIC Converter
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3591 - White LED Driver with Integrated Schottky in 3mm x 2mm DFN
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: