LT1936 - 1.4A, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator
- Wide Input Range: 3.6V to 36V
- Short-Circuit Protected Over Full Input Range
- 1.9A Guaranteed Minimum Switch Current
- 5V at 1.4A from 10V to 36V Input
- 3.3V at 1.4A from 7V to 36V Input
- 5V at 1.2A from 6.3V to 36V Input
- 3.3V at 1.2A from 4.5V to 36V Input
- Output Adjustable Down to 1.20V
- 500kHz Fixed Frequency Operation
- Uses Small Ceramic Capacitors
- Internal or External Compensation
- Low Shutdown Current: <2µA
- Thermally Enhanced 8-Lead MSOP Package
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
DescriptionThe LT1936 is a current mode PWM step-down DC/DC converter with an internal 1.9A power switch, packaged in a tiny, thermally enhanced 8-lead MSOP. The wide input range of 3.6V to 36V makes the LT1936 suitable for regulating power from a wide variety of sources, including automotive batteries, 24V industrial supplies and unregulated wall adapters. Its high operating frequency allows the use of small, low cost inductors and ceramic capacitors, resulting in low, predictable output ripple.
Cycle-by-cycle current limit, frequency foldback and thermal shutdown provide protection against shorted outputs, and soft-start eliminates input current surge during startup. Transient response can be optimized by using external compensation components, or board space can be minimized by using internal compensation. The low current (<2µA) shutdown mode enables easy power management in battery-powered systems.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC825A||LT1936EMS8E Demo Board | Vin = 4.5V to 36V, Vout = 5V or 3.3V @1.2A||$75.00|
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Automotive Battery Regulation
- Industrial Control Supplies
- Unregulated Wall Adapters
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3505 - 1.2A, Step-Down Switching Regulator in 3mm x 3mm DFN
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1933 - 600mA, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator in SOT-23
- LT8705 - 80V VIN and VOUT Synchronous 4-Switch Buck- Boost DC/DC Controller
- LTC3646/LTC3646-1 - 40V, 1A Synchronous Step-Down Converter
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: