LT1935 - 1.2MHz Boost DC/DC Converter in ThinSOT with 2A Switch
- 1.2MHz Switching Frequency
- High Output Voltage: Up to 38V
- Wide Input Range: 2.3V to 16V
- Low VCESAT Switch: 180mV at 2A
- Uses Small Surface Mount Components
- 5V at 1A from 3.3V Input
- 12V at 600mA from 5V Input
- Low Shutdown Current: <1µA
- Pin-for-Pin Compatible with the LT1613 and LT1930
- Low Profile (1mm) SOT-23 (ThinSOT™) Package
The LT1935 is the industry’s highest power SOT-23 switching regulator. Its unprecedented 2A, 40V internal switch allows high output currents to be generated in a small footprint. Intended for space-conscious applications, the LT1935 switches at 1.2MHz, allowing the use of tiny, low profile inductors and capacitors 2mm or less in height. The NPN switch achieves a VCESAT of just 180mV at 2A independent of supply voltage, resulting in high efficiency even at maximum power levels from a 3V input.
A constant frequency, internally compensated, current mode PWM architecture results in low, predictable output noise that is easy to filter. Low ESR ceramic capacitors can be used on the output, further reducing noise to the millivolt level. The high voltage switch on the LT1935 is rated at 40V, making the device ideal for boost converters up to 38V as well as for single-ended primary inductance converter (SEPIC) and flyback designs. The device can generate 5V at up to 1A from a 3.3V supply or 5V at 550mA from four alkaline cells in a SEPIC design.
The LT1935 is available in a 5-lead SOT-23 package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC683A||LT1935ES5 Demo Board | 3.3V to 5.5V Input, VOUT = 12V at up to 600mA||$125.00|
- Digital Cameras
- Battery Backup
- LCD Bias
- Local 5V or 12V Supply
- PC Cards
- xDSL Power Supply
- TFT-LCD Bias Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1930 - 1A, 1.2MHz/2.2MHz, Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1170 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LT3467 - 1.1A Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Integrated Soft-Start
- LT1370 - 500kHz High Efficiency 6A Switching Regulator
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: