LT1932 - Constant-Current DC/DC LED Driver in ThinSOT
- Up to 80% Efficiency
- Inherently Matched LED Current
- Drives Five White LEDs from 2V
- Drives Six White LEDs from 2.7V
- Drives Eight White LEDs from 3V
- Adjustable Control of LED Current
- Disconnects LEDs In Shutdown
- 1.2MHz Fixed Frequency Switching
- Uses Tiny Ceramic Capacitors
- Uses Tiny 1mm-Tall Inductors
- Regulates Current Even When VIN > VOUT
- Operates with VIN as Low as 1V
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
DescriptionThe LT1932 is a fixed frequency step-up DC/DC converter designed to operate as a constant-current source. Because it directly regulates output current, the LT1932 is ideal for driving light emitting diodes (LEDs) whose light intensity is proportional to the current passing through them, not the voltage across their terminals.
With an input voltage range of 1V to 10V, the device works from a variety of input sources. The LT1932 accurately regulates LED current even when the input voltage is higher than the LED voltage, greatly simplifying battery-powered designs. A single external resistor sets LED current between 5mA and 40mA, which can then be easily adjusted using either a DC voltage or a pulse width modulated (PWM) signal. When the LT1932 is placed in shutdown, the LEDs are disconnected from the output, ensuring a quiescent current of under 1µA for the entire circuit. The device’s 1.2MHz switching frequency permits the use of tiny, low profile chip inductors and capacitors to minimize footprint and cost in space-conscious portable applications.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Cellular Telephones
- Handheld Computers
- Digital Cameras
- Portable MP3 Players
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LTM8042/LTM8042-1 - μModule (Power Module) Boost LED Driver and Current Source
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3465 - 1.2MHz White LED Step-Up Converters with Built-In Schottky in ThinSOT
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LT3477 - 3A, DC/DC Converter with Dual Rail-to-Rail Current Sense
- LTC3490 - Single Cell 350mA LED Driver
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: