LT1931 - 1.2MHz/2.2MHz Inverting DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- Fixed Frequency 1.2MHz/2.2MHz Operation
- Very Low Noise: 1mVP-P Output Ripple
- –5V at 350mA from 5V Input
- –12V at 150mA from 5V Input
- Uses Small Surface Mount Components
- Wide Input Range: 2.6V to 16V
- Low Shutdown Current: <1µA
- Low VCESAT Switch: 400mV at 1A
- Pin-for-Pin Compatible with the LT1611
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
DescriptionThe LT1931/LT1931A are the industry’s highest power inverting SOT-23 current mode DC/DC converters. Both parts include a 1A integrated switch allowing high current outputs to be generated in a small footprint. The LT1931 switches at 1.2MHz while the LT1931A switches at 2.2MHz. These high speeds enable the use of tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors 2mm or less in height. The LT1931 is capable of generating –5V at 350mA or –12V at 150mA from a 5V supply, while the LT1931A can generate –5V at 300mA using significantly smaller inductors. Both parts are easy pin-for-pin upgrades for higher power LT1611 applications.
The LT1931/LT1931A operate in a dual inductor inverting topology that filters both the input side and output side current. Very low output voltage ripple approaching 1mVP-P can be achieved when ceramic output capacitors are used. Fixed frequency switching ensures a clean output free from low frequency noise typically present with charge pump solutions. The low impedance output remains within 1% of nominal during large load steps. The 36V switch allows VIN to VOUT differential of up to 34V.
The LT1931/LT1931A are available in the 5-lead ThinSOT package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC383B||LTC1930ES5/LTC1931ES5 Demo Board | 3 Circuits: Boost/SEPIC/Inverter, 5Vin to 12Vout1@300mA, 10V-16Vin to 12Vout2@300mA, 12Vin to -12Vout3@350mA||$75.00|
|DC397A||LT1930AES5/LT1931AES5 Demo Board | 3 Circuits: Boost/SEPIC/Inverter: 5Vin to 12Vout1@250mA, 10V-16Vin to 12Vout2@250mA, 12Vin to -12Vout3@250mA||$75.00|
- Disk Drive MR Head Bias
- Digital Camera CCD Bias
- LCD Bias
- GaAs FET Bias
- Local Low Noise/Low Impedance Negative Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1617 - Micropower Inverting DC/DC Converters in SOT-23
- LT3471 - Dual 1.3A, 1.2MHz Boost/Inverter in 3mm × 3mm DFN
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3483 - Inverting Micropower DC/DC Converters with Schottky
- LT1372 - 500kHz and 1MHz High Efficiency 1.5A Switching Regulators
- LT1611 - Inverting 1.4MHz Switching Regulator in 5-Lead SOT-23
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: