LT1930 - 1A, 1.2MHz/2.2MHz, Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- 1.2MHz Switching Frequency (LT1930)
- 2.2MHz Switching Frequency (LT1930A)
- Low VCESAT Switch: 400mV at 1A
- High Output Voltage: Up to 34V
- 5V at 480mA from 3.3V Input (LT1930)
- 12V at 250mA from 5V Input (LT1930A)
- Wide Input Range: 2.6V to 16V
- Uses Small Surface Mount Components
- Low Shutdown Current: <1µA
- Low Profile (1mm) ThinSOT™ Package
- Pin-for-Pin Compatible with the LT1613
DescriptionThe LT1930 and LT1930A are the industry's highest power SOT-23 switching regulators. Both include an internal 1A, 36V switch allowing high current outputs to be generated in a small footprint. The LT1930 switches at 1.2MHz, allowing the use of tiny, low cost and low height capacitors and inductors. The faster LT1930A switches at 2.2MHz, enabling further reductions in inductor size. Complete regulator solutions approaching one tenth of a square inch in area are achievable with these devices. Multiple output power supplies can now use a separate regulator for each output voltage, replacing cumbersome quasi-regulated approaches using a single regulator and custom transformers.
A constant frequency internally compensated current mode PWM architecture results in low, predictable output noise that is easy to filter. Low ESR ceramic capacitors can be used at the output, further reducing noise to the millivolt level. The high voltage switch on the LT1930/LT1930A is rated at 36V, making the device ideal for boost converters up to 34V as well as for single-ended primary inductance converter (SEPIC) and flyback designs. The LT1930 can generate 5V at up to 480mA from a 3.3V supply or 5V at 300mA from four alkaline cells in a SEPIC design.
The LT1930/LT1930A are available in the 5-lead ThinSOT package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC383B||LTC1930ES5/LTC1931ES5 Demo Board | 3 Circuits: Boost/SEPIC/Inverter, 5Vin to 12Vout1@300mA, 10V-16Vin to 12Vout2@300mA, 12Vin to -12Vout3@350mA||$75.00|
|DC397A||LT1930AES5/LT1931AES5 Demo Board | 3 Circuits: Boost/SEPIC/Inverter: 5Vin to 12Vout1@250mA, 10V-16Vin to 12Vout2@250mA, 12Vin to -12Vout3@250mA||$75.00|
|DC634A||LT1930AES5 Demo Board | APD Bias Supply, 3V to 5.5V Input, Vout = 30V to 90V @ Up to 2mA||$75.00|
- TFT-LCD Bias Supply
- Digital Cameras
- Cordless Phones
- Battery Backup
- Medical Diagnostic Equipment
- Local 5V or 12V Supply
- External Modems
- PC Cards
- xDSL Power Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3467 - 1.1A Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Integrated Soft-Start
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1613 - 1.4MHz, Single Cell DC/DC Converter in 5-Lead SOT-23
- LT1935 - 1.2MHz Boost DC/DC Converter in ThinSOT with 2A Switch
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: