LT1796 - Overvoltage Fault Protected CAN Transceiver
- Protected from Overvoltage Line Faults to ±60V
- ESD Protection to IEC-1000-4-2 Level 4
±15kV Air Gap Test
±8kV Contact Mode Test
- ISO 11898 Compatible
- High Input Impedance Supports Up to 256 Nodes
- Controlled Slew Rates for EMI Emissions Control
- High Impedance Outputs When Off or
- Short-Circuit Protection On All Outputs
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Pin Compatible with Philips PCA82C251
The LT®1796 CAN transceiver provides built-in fault tolerance to survive in industrial and automotive environments. Discrete protection devices are not needed. Bus interface pins can withstand voltage faults up to ±60V with respect to ground with no damage to the device. Faults may occur while the transceiver is active, shut down or powered off. On-chip ESD protection withstands up to ±15kV air discharges and ±8kV contact mode discharges tested per IEC-1000-4-2. Loss of power or ground connections does not damage the IC.
The circuit operates with data rates up to 125kbaud. A slew control pin allows control of transmitted data pulse edges to control EMI and reflection problems on imperfectly terminated lines. High output current drive allows the use of inexpensive PVC cable with impedance as low as 72Ω. The 100kW input impedance allows up to 256 transceivers per data network.
The LT1796 is available in 8-lead PDIP and SO packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Industrial Control Data Networks
- Automotive Systems
- HVAC Controls
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 uModule Transceiver + Power
- LT1025 - Micropower Thermocouple Cold Junction Compensator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.