LT1785 - 60V Fault Protected RS485/RS422 Transceivers
- Protected from Overvoltage Line Faults to ±60V
- Pin Compatible with LTC485 and LTC491
- High Input Impedance Supports Up to 128 Nodes
- No Damage or Latchup to ESD
IEC-1000-4-2 Level 4: ±15kV Air Discharge
IEC-1000-4-2 Level 2: ±4kV Contact Discharge
- Controlled Slew Rates for EMI Emissions Control
- Guaranteed High Receiver Output State for Floating,
Shorted or Inactive Inputs
- Outputs Assume a High Impedance When Off or
- Drives Low Cost, Low Impedance Cables
- Short-Circuit Protection on All Outputs
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Guaranteed Operation to 125°C
DescriptionThe LT1785/LT1791 are half-duplex and full-duplex differential bus transceivers for RS485 and RS422 applications which feature on-chip protection from overvoltage faults on the data transmission lines. Receiver input and driver output pins can withstand voltage faults up to ±60V with respect to ground with no damage to the device. Faults may occur while the transceiver is active, shut down or powered off.
Data rates to 250kbaud on networks of up to 128 nodes are supported. Controlled slew rates on the driver outputs control EMI emissions and improve data transmission integrity on improperly terminated lines. Drivers are specifi ed to operate with inexpensive cables as low as 72Ω characteristic impedance.
The LT1785A/LT1791A devices have “fail-safe” receiver inputs to guarantee a receiver output high for shorted, open or inactive data lines. On-chip ESD protection eliminates need for external protection devices.
The LT1785/LT1785A are available in 8-lead DIP and SO packages and the LT1791/LT1791A in 14-lead DIP and SO packages.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Industrial Control Data Networks
- CAN Bus Applications
- HVAC Controls
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTM2881 - Complete Isolated RS485/RS422 μModule Transceiver + Power
- LTC2862 - ±60V Fault Protected 3V to 5.5V RS485/RS422 Transceivers
- LT4363 - High Voltage Surge Stopper with Current Limit
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT4320/LT4320-1 - Ideal Diode Bridge Controller
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC4366-1/LTC4366-2 - High Voltage Surge Stopper
- LTC4364 - Surge Stopper with Ideal Diode
- LTC485 - Low Power RS485 Interface Transceiver
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
Linear Technology provides a variety of custom design simulation tools and device models to allow even novice designers to quickly and easily evaluate circuits using high performance switching regulators, amplifiers, data converters, filters and more. Please visit our Design Tools page to view and download: