LT1765 - Monolithic 3A, 1.25MHz Step-Down Switching Regulators
- 3A Switch in a Thermally Enhanced 16-Lead TSSOP or 8-Lead SO Package
- Constant 1.25MHz Switching Frequency
- Wide Operating Voltage Range: 3V to 25V
- High Efficiency 0.09Ω Switch
- 1.2V Feedback Reference Voltage
- Uses Low Profile Surface Mount Components
- Low Shutdown Current: 15µA
- Synchronizable to 2MHz
- Current Mode Loop Control
- Constant Maximum Switch Current Rating at All Duty Cycles*
- Available in 8-Lead SO and 16-Lead Thermally Enhanced TSSOP Packages
The LT1765 is a 1.25MHz monolithic buck switching regulator. A high efficiency 3A, 0.09Ω switch is included on the die together with all the control circuitry required to construct a high frequency, current mode switching regulator. Current mode control provides fast transient response and excellent loop stability.
New design techniques achieve high efficiency at high switching frequencies over a wide operating voltage range. A low dropout internal regulator maintains consistent performance over a wide range of inputs from 24V systems to Li-Ion batteries. An operating supply current of 1mA improves efficiency, especially at lower output currents. Shutdown reduces quiescent current to 15µA. Maximum switch current remains constant at all duty cycles. Synchronization allows an external logic level signal to increase the internal oscillator into the range of 1.6MHz to 2MHz.
Full cycle-by-cycle current control and thermal shutdown are provided. High frequency operation allows the reduction of input and output filtering components and permits the use of chip inductors.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC436A||LT1765ES8 | Wide Input Range, 1.25MHz Step-Down DC/DC Converter, 8.5V~25Vin, 5Vout @ 2A||$100.00|
|DC476A||LT1765EFE | Wide Input Range, 1.25MHz Step-Down DC/DC Converter, 3V to 25V Input, Jumper Selectable 3.3V or 5Vout @ 2A||$100.00|
- DSL Modems
- Portable Computers
- Regulated Wall Adapters
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Distributed Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1374 - 4.5A, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1074 - Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: