LT1764 - 3A, Fast Transient Response, Low Noise, LDO Regulators
- Optimized for Fast Transient Response
- Output Current: 3A
- Dropout Voltage: 340mV at 3A
- Low Noise: 40µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- 1mA Quiescent Current
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 2.7V to 20V
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Controlled Quiescent Current in Dropout
- Fixed Output Voltages: 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V
- Adjustable Output from 1.21V to 20V
- <1µA Quiescent Current in Shutdown
- Stable with 10µF Output Capacitor
- Reverse Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current
- Thermal Limiting
- Available in 5-Lead TO-220, DD and 16-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LT1764 is a low dropout regulator optimized for fast transient response. The device is capable of supplying 3A of output current with a dropout voltage of 340mV. Operating quiescent current is 1mA, dropping to <1µA in shutdown. Quiescent current is well controlled; it does not rise in dropout as it does with many other regulators. In addition to fast transient response, the LT1764 has very low output voltage noise which makes the device ideal for sensitive RF supply applications.
Output voltage range is from 1.21V to 20V. The LT1764 regulators are stable with output capacitors as low as 10µF. Internal protection circuitry includes reverse battery protection, current limiting, thermal limiting and reverse current protection. The device is available in fixed output voltages of 1.5V, 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.3V and as an adjustable device with a 1.21V reference voltage. The LT1764 regulators are available in 5-lead TO-220, DD and Exposed Pad 16-lead TSSOP packages.
|LT1764A||Stable With Ceramic Output Capacitors|
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
|LT1764ET-1.8#06PBF||TO-220||T||E||05-08-1421 (Flow 06)||Yes|
|LT1764ET-2.5#06PBF||TO-220||T||E||05-08-1421 (Flow 06)||Yes|
|LT1764ET#06PBF||TO-220||T||E||05-08-1421 (Flow 06)||Yes|
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- 3.3V to 2.5V Logic Power Supply
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1764A - 3A, Fast Transient Response, Low Noise, LDO Regulators
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LT1965 - 1.1A, Low Noise, Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT3081 - 1.5A Single Resistor Rugged Linear Regulator with Monitors
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: