LT1762 - 150mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- Low Noise: 20µVRMS (10Hz to 100kHz)
- Low Quiescent Current: 25µA
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 1.8V to 20V
- Output Current: 150mA
- Very Low Shutdown Current: < 1µA
- Low Dropout Voltage: 270mV
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Fixed Output Voltages: 2.5V, 3V, 3.3V, 5V
- Adjustable Output from 1.22V to 20V
- Stable with 2.2µF Output Capacitor
- Stable with Aluminum, Tantalum or Ceramic Capacitors
- Reverse Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current
- Overcurrent and Overtemperature Protected
- 8-Lead MSOP Package
DescriptionThe LT1762 series are micropower, low noise, low dropout regulators. The devices are capable of supplying 150mA of output current with a dropout voltage of 300mV. Designed for use in battery-powered systems, the low 25µA quiescent current makes them an ideal choice. Quiescent current is well controlled; it does not rise in dropout as it does with many other regulators.
A key feature of the LT1762 regulators is low output noise. With the addition of an external 0.01µF bypass capacitor, output noise drops to 20µVRMS over a 10Hz to 100kHz bandwidth. The LT1762 regulators are stable with output capacitors as low as 2.2µF. Small ceramic capacitors can be used without the series resistance required by other regulators.
Internal protection circuitry includes reverse battery protection, current limiting, thermal limiting and reverse current protection. The parts come in fixed output voltages of 2.5V, 3V, 3.3V and 5V, and as an adjustable device with a 1.22V reference voltage. The LT1762 regulators are available in the 8-lead MSOP package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC279A-B||LTC1736, LTC1772, LTC1762 | Low Cost VRM (Intel), 7.5 to 24Vin, 1.3V to 1.6Vout @ 14A, 1.5Vout @ 0.12 to 2.5A, 2.5Vout @ 0.15A||Contact Factory|
|DC339A-A||LT1762EMS8 Demo Board | Micropower Low Noise LDO Regulator, 2.3V ≤ VIN ≤ 20V, Vout = 1.22V/2.5V/3V/3.3V/5V/Adj @ 150mA||$75.00|
- Cellular Phones
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Frequency Synthesizers
- Noise-Sensitive Instrumentation Systems
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1962 - 300mA, Low Noise, Micropower LDO Regulators
- LT3060 - 45V VIN, Micropower, Low Noise, 100mA Low Dropout, Linear Regulator
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3082 - 200mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT3032 Series - Dual 150mA Positive/Negative Low Noise Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT3015 - 1.5A, Low Noise, Negative Linear Regulator with Precision Current Limit
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: