LT1721 - Quad, 4.5ns, Single Supply 3V/5V Comparators with Rail-to-Rail Outputs
- UltraFast: 4.5ns at 20mV Overdrive
7ns at 5mV Overdrive
- Low Power: 4mA per Comparator
- Optimized for 3V and 5V Operation
- Pinout Optimized for High Speed Ease of Use
- Input Voltage Range Extends 100mV Below Negative Rail
- TTL/CMOS Compatible Rail-to-Rail Outputs
- Internal Hysteresis with Specified Limits
- Low Dynamic Current Drain; 15µA/(V-MHz), Dominated by Load In Most Circuits
- Tiny 3mm x 3mm x 0.8mm DFN Package (LT1720)
The LT1720/LT1721 are UltraFast dual/quad comparators optimized for single supply operation, with a supply voltage range of 2.7V to 6V. The input voltage range extends from 100mV below ground to 1.2V below the supply voltage. Internal hysteresis makes the LT1720/LT1721 easy to use even with slow moving input signals. The rail-to-rail outputs directly interface to TTL and CMOS. Alternatively, the symmetric output drive can be harnessed for analog applications or for easy translation to other single supply logic levels.
The LT1720 is available in three 8-pin packages; three pins per comparator plus power and ground. In addition to SO and MSOP packages, a 3mm x 3mm low profile (0.8mm) dual fine pitch leadless package (DFN) is available for space limited applications. The LT1721 is available in the 16-pin SSOP and S packages.
The pinouts of the LT1720/LT1721 minimize parasitic effects by placing the most sensitive inputs (inverting) away from the outputs, shielded by the power rails. The LT1720/LT1721 are ideal for systems where small size and low power are paramount.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- High Speed Differential Line Receiver
- Crystal Oscillator Circuits
- Window Comparators
- Threshold Detectors/Discriminators
- Pulse Stretchers
- Zero-Crossing Detectors
- High Speed Sampling Circuits
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1720 - Dual, 4.5ns, Single Supply 3V/5V Comparators with Rail-to-Rail Outputs
- LT1719 - 4.5ns Single/Dual Supply 3V/5V Comparator with Rail-to-Rail Output
- LT1715 - 4ns, 150MHz Dual Comparator with Independent Input/Output Supplies
- LT1028 - Ultra Low Noise Precision High Speed Op Amps
- LT1011/LT1011A - Voltage Comparator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC6752 - 280MHz, 2.9ns Comparator Family with Rail-to-Rail Inputs and CMOS Outputs
- LTC6655 - 0.25ppm Noise, Low Drift Precision References
- LT5400 - Quad Matched Resistor Network
- LT1711 - 4.5ns Rail-to-Rail Comparator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: