LT1611 - Inverting 1.4MHz Switching Regulator in 5-Lead SOT-23
- Very Low Noise: 1mVP–P Output Ripple
- –5V at 150mA from a 5V Input
- Better Regulation Than a Charge Pump
- Effective Output Impedance: 0.14Ohms
- Uses Tiny Capacitors and Inductors
- Internally Compensated
- Fixed Frequency 1.4MHz Operation
- Low Shutdown Current: <1µA
- Low VCESAT Switch: 300mV at 300mA
- Tiny 5-Lead SOT-23 Package
DescriptionThe LT1611 is the industry’s first inverting 5-lead SOT-23 current mode DC/DC converter. Intended for use in small, low power applications, it operates from an input voltage as low as 1.1V and switches at 1.4MHz, allowing the use of tiny, low cost capacitors and inductors 2mm or less in height. Its small size and high switching frequency enable the complete DC/DC converter function to consume less than 0.25 square inches of PC board area. Capable of generating –5V at 150mA from a 5V supply or –5V at 100mA from a 3V supply, the LT1611 replaces nonregulated “charge pump” solutions in many applications.
The LT1611 operates in a dual inductor inverting topology which filters the input side as well as the output side of the DC/DC converter. Fixed frequency switching ensures a clean output free from low frequency noise typically present with charge pump solutions. No load quiescent current of the LT1611 is 3mA, while in shutdown quiescent current drops to 0.5µA. The 36V switch allows VIN to VOUT differential of up to 33V.
The LT1611 is available in the 5-lead SOT-23 package.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- MR Head Bias
- Digital Camera CCD Bias
- LCD Bias
- GaAs FET Bias
- Positive-to-Negative Conversion
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1931 - 1.2MHz/2.2MHz Inverting DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LT1617 - Micropower Inverting DC/DC Converters in SOT-23
- LT3483 - Inverting Micropower DC/DC Converters with Schottky
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT3462 - Inverting 1.2MHz/2.7MHz DC/DC Converters with Integrated Schottky in ThinSOT
- LT1964 - 200mA, Low Noise, Low Dropout Negative Micropower Regulator
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LTC3260 - Low Noise Dual Supply Inverting Charge Pump
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: