LT1587 - 7A, 4.6A, 3A Low Dropout Fast Response Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed
- Fast Transient Response
- Guaranteed Dropout Voltage at Multiple Currents
- Load Regulation: 0.05% Typ
- Trimmed Current Limit
- On-Chip Thermal Limiting
- Standard 3-Pin Power Package
The LT1584/LT1585/LT1587 are low dropout three terminal regulators with 7A, 4.6A and 3A output current capability, respectively. Design has been optimized for low voltage applications where transient response and minimum input voltage are critical. Similar to the LT1083/4/5family, it has lower dropout voltage and faster transient response. These improvements make it ideal for low voltage microprocessor applications requiring a regulated2.5V to 3.6V output with an input supply below 7V.
Current limit is trimmed to ensure specified output current and controlled short-circuit current. On-chip thermal limiting provides protection against any combination of overload that would create excessive junction temperatures.
The LT1585/LT1587 are available in both the through-hole and surface mount versions of the industry standard 3-pin TO-220 power package. The LT1584 is available in the through-hole 3-pin TO-220 power package.
|Output Current||Output Voltage Options|
|LT1584, -3.3, -3.38, -3.45, -3.6||7A||Adj, 3.3V, 3.38V, 3.45V, 3.6V|
|LT1585, -3.3, -3.38, -3.45, -3.6||4.6A||Adj, 3.3V, 3.38V, 3.45V, 3.6V|
|LT1585A, LT1585A-3.3||5A||Adj, 3.3V|
|LT1585-1.5, LT1585A-1.5||4.6A / 5A||Fixed 1.5V|
|LT1587, -3.3, -3.45, -3.6||3A||Adj, 3.3V, 3.45V, 3.6V|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Pentium™ Processor Supplies
- PowerPC™ Supplies
- Other 2.5V to 3.6V Microprocessor Supplies
- Low Voltage Logic Supplies
- Battery-Powered Circuitry
- Post Regulator for Switching Supply
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1764A - 3A, Fast Transient Response, Low Noise, LDO Regulators
- LT3083 - Adjustable 3A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1085 - 7.5A, 5A, 3A Low Dropout Positive Adjustable Regulators
- LT1086 - 1.5A Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V, 3.3V, 3.6V, 5V, 12V
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT1529 - 3A Low Dropout Regulators with Micropower Quiescent Current and Shutdown
- LT1965 - 1.1A, Low Noise, Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT1085-Fixed - 3A, 5A, 7.5A Low Dropout Positive Fixed Regulators
- LT1528 - 3A Low Dropout Regulator for Microprocessor Applications
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: