LT1521 - 300mA Low Dropout Regulators with Micropower Quiescent Current and Shutdown
- Dropout Voltage: 0.5V
- Output Current: 300mA
- Quiescent Current: 12µA
- No Protection Diodes Needed
- Adjustable Output from 3.8V to 20V
- Fixed Output Voltages: 3V, 3.3V, 5V
- Controlled Quiescent Current in Dropout
- Shutdown IQ = 6µA
- Reverse Battery Protection
- No Reverse Current
- Thermal Limiting
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT1521/LT1521-3/LT1521-3.3/LT1521-5 are low dropout regulators with micropower quiescent current and shutdown. These devices are capable of supplying 300mA of output current with a dropout voltage of 0.5V.Designed for use in battery-powered systems, the low quiescent current, 12uA operating and 6uA in shutdown, makes them an ideal choice. The quiescent current is well controlled; it does not rise in dropout as it does with many other low dropout PNP regulators.
Other features of the LT1521/LT1521-3/LT1521-3.3/LT1521-5 include the ability to operate with very small output capacitors. They are stable with only 1.5uF on the output while most older devices require between 10uF and 100uF for stability. Small ceramic capacitors can be used,enhancing manufacturability. Also, the input may be connected to voltages lower than the output voltage, including negative voltages, without reverse current flow from output to input. This makes the LT1521 series ideal for backup power situations where the output is held high and the input is low or reversed. Under these conditions only 5uA will flow from the output pin to ground.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricingsales office or authorized distributor.
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Low Current Regulator
- Regulator for Battery-Powered Systems
- Post Regulator for Switching Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LT1962 - 300mA, Low Noise, Micropower LDO Regulators
- LT1129 - Micropower Low Dropout Regulators with Shutdown
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3082 - 200mA Single Resistor Low Dropout Linear Regulator
- LT1121 - Micropower Low Dropout Regulators with Shutdown
- LT3060 - 45V VIN, Micropower, Low Noise, 100mA Low Dropout, Linear Regulator
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT1117 - 800mA Low Dropout Positive Regulators Adjustable and Fixed 2.85V,3.3V, 5V
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: