LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- Charger Input Voltage May Be Higher, Equal to or
- Lower Than Battery Voltage
- Charges Any Number of Cells Up to 30V*
- 1% Voltage Accuracy for Rechargeable Lithium Batteries
- 500kHz Switching Frequency Minimizes Inductor Size
- 100mV Current Sense Voltage for High Efficiency
- Battery Can Be Directly Grounded
- Charging Current Easily Programmable or Shut Down
AEC-Q100 data available for specific packages
The LT®1512 is a 500kHz current mode switching regulator specially configured to create a constant-current/constantvoltage battery charger. In addition to the usual voltage feedback node, it has a current sense feedback circuit for accurately controlling output current of a flyback or SEPIC (Single-Ended Primary Inductance Converter) topology charger. These topologies allow the current sense circuit to be ground referred and completely separated from the battery itself, simplifying battery switching and system grounding problems. In addition, these topologies allow charging even when the input voltage is lower than the battery voltage.
Maximum switch current on the LT1512 is 1.5A. This allows battery charging currents up to 1A for a single lithium-ion cell. Accuracy of 1% in constant-voltage mode is perfect for lithium battery applications. Charging current can be easily programmed for all battery types.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
Designed for Automotive and Transportation ApplicationsAEC-Q100 data is available for these specific part numbers. Please contact your local sales representative for more information regarding reliability reports or to inquire about parts that are not included. For more information, view our Automotive and Transportation page
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
- Battery Charging of NiCd, NiMH, Lead-Acid or Lithium Rechargeable Cells
- Precision Current Limited Power Supply
- Constant-Voltage/Constant-Current Supply
- Transducer Excitation
*Maximum Input Voltage = 40V – VBAT
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1513 - SEPIC Constant- or Programmable-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT1510 - Constant-Voltage/Constant-Current Battery Charger
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LT3761/LT3761-1 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A μModule (Power Module) Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LTC4020 - 55V Buck-Boost Multi-Chemistry Battery Charger
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: