LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- Charger Input Voltage May Be Higher, Equal to or
- Lower Than Battery Voltage
- Charges Any Number of Cells Up to 30V*
- 1% Voltage Accuracy for Rechargeable Lithium Batteries
- 500kHz Switching Frequency Minimizes Inductor Size
- 100mV Current Sense Voltage for High Efficiency
- Battery Can Be Directly Grounded
- Charging Current Easily Programmable or Shut Down
*Maximum Input Voltage = 40V – VBAT
The LT1512 is a 500kHz current mode switching regulator specially configured to create a constant-current/constant-voltage battery charger. In addition to the usual voltage feedback node, it has a current sense feedback circuit for accurately controlling output current of a flyback or SEPIC (Single-Ended Primary Inductance Converter) topology charger. These topologies allow the current sense circuit to be ground referred and completely separated from the battery itself, simplifying battery switching and system grounding problems. In addition, these topologies allow charging even when the input voltage is lower than the battery voltage.
Maximum switch current on the LT1512 is 1.5A. This allows battery charging currents up to 1A for a single lithium-ion cell. Accuracy of 1% in constant-voltage mode is perfect for lithium battery applications. Charging current can be easily programmed for all battery types.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC099A||LT1512 | 0.4A LI-ION SEPIC BATTERY CHARGER (dual or single)||$125.00|
- Battery Charging of NiCd, NiMH, Lead-Acid or Lithium Rechargeable Cells
- Precision Current Limited Power Supply
- Constant-Voltage/Constant-Current Supply
- Transducer Excitation
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1513 - SEPIC Constant- or Programmable-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LT1510 - Constant-Voltage/Constant-Current Battery Charger
- LTC4000 - High Voltage High Current Controller for Battery Charging and Power Management
- LTM8062 - 32VIN, 2A uModule Power Tracking Battery Charger
- LT3652HV - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger
- LT3796/LT3796-1 - 100V Constant-Current and Constant-Voltage Controller with Dual Current Sense
- LTC1729 - Li-Ion Battery Charger Termination Controllers
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3761 - 60VIN LED Controller with Internal PWM Generator
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. To download LTspice IV and other FREE simulation tools, please visit our Design Simulation page.
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Related models available in LTspice IV