LT1376 - 1.5A, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulators
- Constant 500kHz Switching Frequency
- Uses All Surface Mount Components
- Inductor Size Reduced to 5μH
- Easily Synchronizable
- Saturating Switch Design: 0.4Ω
- Effective Supply Current: 2.5mA
- Shutdown Current: 20μA
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limiting
DescriptionThe LT1375/LT1376 are 500kHz monolithic buck mode switching regulators. A 1.5A switch is included on the die along with all the necessary oscillator, control and logic circuitry. High switching frequency allows a considerable reduction in the size of external components.
The topology is current mode for fast transient response and good loop stability. Both fixed output voltage and adjustable parts are available.A special high speed bipolar process and new design techniques achieve high efficiency at high switching frequency. Efficiency is maintained over a wide output current range by using the output to bias the circuitry and by utilizing a supply boost capacitor to saturate the power switch. A shutdown signal will reduce supply current to 20μA on both parts. The LT1375 can be externally synchronized from 580kHz to 900kHz with logic level inputs.
The LT1375/LT1376 fit into standard 8-pin PDIP and SO packages, as well as a fused lead 16-pin SO with much lower thermal resistance. Full cycle-by-cycle short-circuit protection and thermal shutdown are provided. Standard surface mount external parts are used, including the inductor and capacitors.
For low input voltage applications with 3.3V output, see LT1507. This is a functionally identical part that can operate with input voltages between 4.5V and 12V.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
SO-8, N-8, SO-16
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Portable Computers
- Battery-Powered Systems
- Battery Charger
- Distributed Power
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1375 - 1.5A, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulators
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1374 - 4.5A, 500kHz Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT8610 - 42V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Down Regulator with 2.5μA Quiescent Current
- LT1963A Series - 1.5A, Low Noise, Fast Transient Response LDO Regulators
- LT1076 - Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT1765 - Monolithic 3A, 1.25MHz Step-Down Switching Regulators
- LT1074 - Step-Down Switching Regulator
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: