LT1372 - 500kHz and 1MHz High Efficiency 1.5A Switching Regulators
- Faster Switching with Increased Efficiency
- Uses Small Inductors: 4.7µH
- All Surface Mount Components
- Only 0.5 Square Inch of Board Space
- Low Minimum Supply Voltage: 2.7V
- Quiescent Current: 4mA Typ
- Current Limited Power Switch: 1.5A
- Regulates Positive or Negative Outputs
- Shutdown Supply Current: 12µA Typ
- Easy External Synchronization
- 8-Pin SO or PDIP Packages
DescriptionThe LT1372/LT1377 are monolithic high frequency switching regulators. They can be operated in all standard switching configurations including boost, buck, flyback, forward, inverting and "Cuk." A 1.5A high efficiency switch is included on the die, along with all oscillator, control and protection circuitry. All functions of the LT1372/LT1377 are integrated into 8-pin SO/PDIP packages.
The LT1372/LT1377 typically consumes only 4mA quiescent current and has higher efficiency than previous parts. High frequency switching allows for very small inductors to be used. All surface mount components consume less than 0.5 square inch of board space.
New design techniques increase flexibility and maintain ease of use. Switching is easily synchronized to an external logic level source. A logic low on the shutdown pin reduces supply current to 12µA. Unique error amplifier circuitry can regulate positive or negative output voltage while maintaining simple frequency compensation techniques. Nonlinear error amplifier transconductance reduces output overshoot on start-up or overload recovery. Oscillator frequency shifting protects external components during overload conditions.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Part Number||Package||Pins||Temp||Price (1-99)||Price (1k)*||RoHS Data|
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC053A-A||LT1372CS8 | 500kHz DC-DC Converter with Shutdown and Sync, 5-11Vin, 12Vout at 250mA.||$100.00|
- Boost Regulators
- CCFL Backlight Driver
- Laptop Computer Supplies
- Multiple Output Flyback Supplies
- Inverting Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT3580 - Boost/Inverting DC/DC Converter with 2A Switch, Soft-Start, and Synchronization
- LT1377 - 500kHz and 1MHz High Efficiency 1.5A Switching Regulators
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT8582 - Dual 3A Boost/Inverting/SEPIC DC/DC Converter with Fault Protection
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1373 - 250kHz Low Supply Current High Efficiency 1.5A Switching Regulator
- LT1931 - 1.2MHz/2.2MHz Inverting DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LTC1624 - High Efficiency SO-8 N-Channel Switching Regulator Controller
- LT1172 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice IV is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice IV
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice IV
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice IV does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As". After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice IV: