LT1312 - Single PCMCIA VPP Driver/Regulator
- Obsolete - Datasheet For Information Purposes Only. Contact Linear Technology for Potential Replacement
- Digital Selection of 0V, VCC, 12V or Hi-Z
- 120mA Output Current Capability
- Internal Current Limiting and Thermal Shutdown
- Automatic Switching from 3.3V to 5V
- Powered from Unregulated 13V to 20V Supply
- Logic Compatible with Standard PCMCIA Controllers
- 1µF Output Capacitor
- 30µA Quiescent Current in Hi-Z or 0V Mode
- VPP Valid Status Feedback Signal
- No VPP Overshoot
- 8-Pin SO Packaging
Obsolete - Datasheet For Information Purposes Only. Contact Linear Technology for Potential Replacement
The LT1312 is a member of Linear Technology Corporation’s family of PCMCIA drivers/regulators. The LT1312 provides 0V, 3.3V, 5V, 12V and Hi-Z regulated power to the VPP pin of a PCMCIA card slot from a single unregulated 13V to 20V supply. When used in conjunction with a PC card interface controller, the LT1312 forms a complete minimum component-count interface for palm-top, pen-based and notebook computers. The VPP output voltage is selected by two logic compatible digital inputs which interface directly with industry standard PC card interface controllers.
Automatic 3.3V to 5V switching is provided by an internal comparator which continuously monitors the PC card VCC supply and automatically adjusts the regulated VPP output to match VCC when the VPP = VCC mode is selected.
An open-collector VPP VALID output is driven low when VPP is in regulation at 12V.
The LT1312 is available in an 8-pin SO package.
PackagingFor complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Please contact LTC marketing for information on lead based finish parts.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- Notebook Computers
- Palmtop Computers
- Pen-Based Computers
- Bar-Code Readers
- Flash Memory Programming
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1300 - Micropower High Efficiency 3.3/5V Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT1073 - Micropower DC-DC Converter Adjustable and Fixed 5V, 12V
- LT1309 - 500kHz Micropower DC/DC Converterfor Flash Memory
- LT1307 - Single Cell Micropower 600kHz PWM DC/DC Converters
- LT1306 - Synchronous, Fixed Frequency Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT1310 - 1.5A Boost DC/DC Converter with Phase-Locked Loop
- LT1311 - Quad 12MHz, 145ns Settling Precision Current-to-Voltage Converter for Optical Disk Drives
- LT1305 - Micropower High Power DC/DC Converter with Low-Battery Detector
- LT1302 - Micropower High Output Current Step-Up Adjustable and Fixed 5V DC/DC Converters
- LTC1734 - Lithium-Ion Linear Battery Charger in ThinSOT
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.