LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- 5V at 1A from a Single Li-Ion Cell
- 5V at 800mA in SEPIC Mode from Four NiCd Cells
- Fixed Frequency Operation: 600kHz
- Boost Converter Outputs up to 34V
- Starts into Heavy Loads
- Automatic Burst Mode Operation at Light Load (LT1308A)
- Continuous Switching at Light Loads (LT1308B)
- Low VCESAT Switch: 300mV at 2A
- Pin-for-Pin Upgrade Compatible with LT1308
- Lower Quiescent Current in Shutdown: 1µA (Max)
- Improved Accuracy Low-Battery Detector Reference: 200mV ±2%
- Available in 8-Lead SO and 14-Lead TSSOP Packages
The LT1308A/LT1308B are micropower, fixed frequency step-up DC/DC converters that operate over a 1V to 10V input voltage range. They are improved versions of the LT1308 and are recommended for use in new designs. The LT1308A features automatic shifting to power saving Burst Mode operation at light loads and consumes just 140µA at no load. The LT1308B features continuous switching at light loads and operates at a quiescent current of 2.5mA. Both devices consume less than 1µA in shutdown.
Low-battery detector accuracy is significantly tighter than the LT1308. The 200mV reference is specified at ±2% at room and ±3% over temperature. The shutdown pin enables the device when it is tied to a 1V or higher source and does need to be tied to VIN as on the LT1308. An internal VCC clamp results in improved transient response and the switch voltage rating has been increased to 36V, enabling higher output voltage applications.
The LT1308A/LT1308B are available in the 8-lead SO and the 14-lead TSSOP packages.
|LT1308||Not Recommended For New Designs|
|LT1308A||Improved Transient Response, Burst Mode|
|LT1308B||Improved Transient Response, Burst Mode Disabled|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC207A-B||CUSTOM LT1308ACS8 Demo Board||$100.00|
- GSM/CDMA Phones
- Digital Cameras
- LCD Bias Supplies
- Answer-Back Pagers
- GPS Receivers
- Battery Backup Supplies
- Handheld Computers
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT1307 - Single Cell Micropower 600kHz PWM DC/DC Converters
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT1618 - Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage 1.4MHz Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- LT1170 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
- LTC3115-1 - 40V, 2A Synchronous Buck-Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.
LTspice® software is a powerful, fast and free simulation tool, schematic capture and waveform viewer with enhancements and models for improving the simulation of switching regulators. Click here to download LTspice
To launch a ready to run LTspice demonstration circuit for this part:
- Step 1: If you have not installed LTspice on this computer, download and install LTspice
- Step 2: Once LTspice is installed, click on the link(s) below to launch the simulation
- Step 3: If LTspice does not automatically open after clicking the link above, you can instead run the simulation by right clicking on the link and selecting "Save Target As." After saving the file to your computer, start LTspice and open the demonstration circuit by selecting 'Open' from the 'File' menu
To explore other ready to run LTspice demonstration circuits, please visit our Demo Circuits Collection.
Models for the following parts are available in LTspice: