LT1308 - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- 5V at 1A from a Single Li-Ion Cell
- 3.3V at 300mA from a Single NiCd Cell
- Low Quiescent Current: 100µA
- Operates with VIN as Low as 1V
- Fixed Frequency Operation: 600kHz
- Current Mode PWM Delivers Low Output Ripple
- Guaranteed Start-Up into Full Load
- Low Shutdown Current: 3µA
- Low-Battery Comparator
- Automatic Burst Mode’ Operation at Light Load
- Low VCESAT Switch: 300mV at 2A
The LT1308 is a micropower, fixed frequency boost DC/DC converter that operates from an input voltage as low as 1V. Capable of delivering 5V at load current of 1A from a single Li-Ion cell, the LT1308 also features power saving Burst Mode operation at light loads. High efficiency is maintained over a broad 1mA to 1A load range.
The device contains a low-battery detector with a 200mV reference and shuts down to less than 5µA quiescent current. No-load quiescent current is 100µA and the internal NPN power switch handles a 2A current with a voltage drop of just 300mV.
High frequency 600kHz switching allows the use of small, surface mount components. The LT1308µs current mode architecture provides fast response to load and line variations. The device is available in an 8-lead SO package.
|LT1308||Not Recommended For New Designs|
|LT1308A||Improved Transient Response, Burst Mode|
|LT1308B||Improved Transient Response, Burst Mode Disabled|
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
Click here to view our complete list of demo boards
- GSM Terminals
- Digital Cameras
- Answer-Back Pagers
- Cordless Telephones
- DECT Phones
- GPS Receivers
- Battery Backup Supplies
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT3080 - Adjustable 1.1A Single Resistor Low Dropout Regulator
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT1170 - 100kHz, 5A, 2.5A and 1.25A High Efficiency Switching Regulators
- LTC3122 - 15V, 2.5A Synchronous Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Output Disconnect
- LT1307 - Single Cell Micropower 600kHz PWM DC/DC Converters
- LT1763 - 500mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators
- LT1615 - Micropower Step-Up DC/DC Converters in ThinSOT
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.