LT1300 - Micropower High Efficiency 3.3/5V Step-Up DC/DC Converter
- Up to 220mA Output Current at 5V from 2V Supply
- Supply Voltage as Low as 1.8V
- Up to 88% Efficiency
- Small Inductor -10µH
- 120µA Quiescent Current
- Shutdown to 10µA
- Programmable 3.3V or 5V Output
- ILIM Pin Programs Peak Switch Current
- Low VCESAT Switch: 170mV at 1A Typical
- Uses Inexpensive Surface Mount Inductors
- 8-Lead DIP or SOIC Package
DescriptionThe LT1300 is a micropower step-up DC/DC converter that utilizes Burst Mode operation. The device can deliver 5V or 3.3V from a two-cell battery input. It features programmable 5V or 3.3V output via a logic-controlled input, no-load quiescent current of 120µA and a shutdown pin which reduces supply current to 10µA. The on-chip power switch has a low 170mV saturation voltage at a switch current of 1A, a four-fold reduction over prior designs. A 155kHz internal oscillator allows the use of extremely small surface mount inductors and capacitors. Operation is guaranteed at 1.8V input. This allows more energy to be extracted from the battery increasing operating life. The ILIM pin can be used to program peak switch current with a single resistor allowing the use of less expensive and smaller inductors and capacitors in lighter load applications. The LT1300 is available in an 8-lead SOIC package, minimizing board space requirements. For a 5V/12V Selectable Out-put Converter see the LT1301. For increased output current see the LT1302.
CAD Symbols and Footprints: The downloadable Zip file below contains the schematic symbol and PCB footprints.
For complete and up to date package information and drawings, please refer to our packaging page
- Part numbers ending in PBF are lead free. Solder plated terminal finish (SnPb) versions are non-standard and special terms and conditions and pricing applies if available. Please contact LTC marketing for information.
- Part numbers containing TR or TRM are shipped in tape and reel or 500 unit mini tape and reel, respectively
- Please refer to our general ordering information or the product datasheet for more details
Package Variations and Pricing
|Buy Now • Request Samples|
Demo BoardsLinear Technology offers many demo boards free of charge to qualified customers. Contact your local sales office or distributor to inquire about a demo board. Certain demo boards are also available for sale via credit card on this website. Demo boards are for evaluation purposes only. It remains the customer’s responsibility to verify proper and reliable operation in the actual end application.
|DC035A||LT1300CS8 | MICROPOWER HIGH EFFICIENCY STEP-UP DC/DC||Contact Factory|
- Palmtop Computers
- Portable Instruments
- Bar-Code Scanners
- DC/DC Converter Module Replacements
- Battery Backup Supplies
- Personal Digital Assistants
- PCMCIA Cards
People Who Viewed This Product Also Viewed
- LT1302 - Micropower High Output Current Step-Up Adjustable and Fixed 5V DC/DC Converters
- LT3652 - Power Tracking 2A Battery Charger for Solar Power
- LTC3105 - 400mA Step-Up DC/DC Converter with Maximum Power Point Control and 250mV Start-Up
- LT1301 - Micropower High Efficiency 5V/12V Step-Up DC/DC Converter for Flash Memory
- LT1303 - Micropower High Efficiency DC/DC Converters with Low-Battery Detector Adjustable and Fixed 5V
- LT1308A and B - Single Cell High Current Micropower 600kHz Boost DC/DC Converter
- LT1307 - Single Cell Micropower 600kHz PWM DC/DC Converters
- LT1512 - SEPIC Constant-Current/Constant-Voltage Battery Charger
- LT1761 - 100mA, Low Noise, LDO Micropower Regulators in TSOT-23
- LTC3108 - Ultralow Voltage Step-Up Converter and Power Manager
Please login to your MyLinear account for notifications of datasheet updates, new document releases and LTspice model announcements for your favorite products. If you do not have a MyLinear account you may Sign Up Now.